Road Atlanta Footage

Guys;

Here is some video from my track time last weekend at Road Atlanta.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hWfAwxjwdA]RCR SL-C at Road Atlanta - YouTube[/ame]

The car did well until the throw out bearing failed. :furious:
I look forward to getting back out there soon!

Thanks to Tom Rippingdale for his support at the track.

Jon B

Jon,

Congratulations on the outing at Road Atlanta- one of my favorite tracks!

Smooth, consistent lap times, good line throughout, looked like good straight line speed, but it appeared to me that you could be much more aggressive on braking, and cornering. I'm sure that will come with more time in the car.

You were still killing the other cars on track at the time, though. :) How does the car compare to your previous track cars (you have a 911 still, right?)?

Were you running Hoosiers or the Dunlops?

The car looked stable- did you feel comfortable in the car? Have you been able to do any tuning with the shocks and springs, or are you just getting used to a new car?

Too bad about the TO bearing, but it's easy to fix, and now you know what caused it.

Good luck with the car-- it's great to see an SLC pounding around the track!

Thanks Will.
Yes - I agree that I could be more aggressive. I'm just getting used to to the car and building confidence that everything is going to hold together.
My best lap time was a 1:36. My other car is a 911 turbo and I've run 1:32's in it.
I'm running old Dunlop slicks that Dean got from Fran I think.
I have not done any shock tuning yet. I only had 2 sessions before the TOB failed.
I look forward to getting more time in the car.

That looks like fun....I wish I had the courage to do more than 40mph, lol :laugh:

How do you know if you are over-extending your clutch? Are there any symptoms?

When I set my clutch stop I basically set it such that the clutch starts to engage when my foot is roughly 1/4'' off of the stop.

Loved the video! I was unable to find any attributes of your SLC. Please provide details or a link. TIA. (-- another "JB")

Anyone else notice that we have THREE John (jon) B's here?
LOL,.. I thought it was all of my different split personalities showing up at the same place all being pulled together by the beauty the SL-C !

SL-C therapy?

326744015727933818.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

My apologies to JonB. I didn't want to hijack the thread. I was trying to add a small humorous aside.

Jon, your car looks very well planted and you obviously know how to drive a track,
I hope you will send some more of your videos our way.

Hi Jon
Thanks for the Video, I really enjoyed seeing a SLC being used as a individually operated race car at the track for having weekend fun. Giving you what little support I could was the least I could do, I learned a lot seeing a solo operator vs. a large team with support and sponsors. It was a shame your throw out bearing gave up the ghost and had to cut the event short, but at least we saved your pressure plate to race another day.With my Stock car experience throw out bearings are a low failure item and this should considered an isolated event.

As I watched this video, I was impressed with the perfect lines you held around the whole course. Beautiful laps. Not once did I see the car get loose or wash out, but it seemed that you were always on power. Even when you were braking into the turns, it seemed that you were also maintaining revs to roll back out on hte other side. That was really fun to watch.

Was that you? Or does the car just make you look that good? :cool2:

Looking forward to more videos of this type!

Mike

Thanks Mike. I was not pushing very hard so maintaining the line was easy.

The car does do what it is supposed to - it is easy (and very fun) to drive. I was probably driving at 70-80%.

I am slowly working up to the incredibly high limits of the car.

JB

Back