Sydney Surgery / GT40s using scripts

Over the last 24 hours, GT40sdot com is running very slow for me and IE reports the site is running scripts that are slow. This is the same over three pc's I use, one win xp, the other two are win7.

Is this something to do with me or the GT40s site?

Is it Big Bro, reading every post? ;)

Anyone else getting the same slowdown?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Re: GT40s using scripts?

I'm getting the same thing as Mark and Jack.

I get a popup stating that there is a program running scripts that might make it slow and asking if I want to continue or stop the scripts. I click on stop (or yes, whichever it is) and that works until I switch back to the "New Posts" section, then it comes up again.

I brought up the task manager on one of my computers (Windows Vista Premium O/S) and might have gotten rid of it, but when I brought it up on this one (XP Pro O/S) I can't tell which program it is that is causing the problem.

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

Ron, the popup reads (line breaks may be wrong):

Windows Internet Explorer

Stop Running this script?

A script on this page is causing Intenet Explorer
to run slowly. If it continues to run, your
computer might become unresponsive.

Yes No

It only happens on this forum....

Ron Earp

Admin

I'm using Chrome and don't see anything like that. I'll try it with IE.

Yep, something is going on. Nothing has changed on the forum but IE has a problem with it. I'll see what I can sort out but don't expect much soon. My daughter is having spinal surgery and I'll be tied up with that for a week or so. Switch to Chrome in the meantime, it seems to work just fine.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

Best wishes for your daughter's speedy recovery, Ron...the issue can wait, family first!!!

Cheers!

Doug

I had no idea Ron, family first sir! Wishing your daughter the best and a speedy recovery. She will be in our prayers.
We impatient bunch can sinply wait as long as it takes.

Keith

Successful surgery and speedy recovery for your daughter Ron - she seems a bit young for that kind of stuff - poor thing.

No issues with Firefox 22 - W7.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Ron

Best wishes for your daughter and a speedy recovery.

I had problem at work and thought more monitoring was happening there. On I pad no problems

Ian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely best wishes and prayers for your daughters successful surgery and quick full recovery!!

I have some slow periods, but they are primarily isolated to the prime times here being breakfast and dinner hour. Not terrible by any stretch or even bad - just a tad slower.
I am using Safarri on iPad for the most part.

Pat

Supporter

Thoughts and prayers for your daughter's speedy recovery Ron.

Brian Stewart
Supporter

Best wishes for your daughter Ron. No issues with Sarafi.

Back