Never Park Next to a Bull

It's getting harder and harder to get any respect these days. I can tell you one thing I'm never parking next to that damn bull again. LOL!

Another beautiful day in downtown Coeur d' Alene, Id.

Attachments

• IMG_9313.jpg
    IMG_9313.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 487
Thanks, ya I guess they could be climbing on the car. Obviously not a single car person amongst them. I just happened to be eating dinner acrossed the street and thought it was funny.

I still like the 15" wheels better then the 17's. The 15's are a lot more correct with the "wine glass" design and more rounded corners IMHO.

Attachments

• LR_Wheel.jpg
    LR_Wheel.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 235
The 15's are a lot more correct with the "wine glass" design and more rounded corners IMHO.

Yeah but on your car those 17" wheels look really good. IMO the 17" wheels look ok on less race oriented cars.. or maybe it is the color. Whatever it is your car looks great with them.

Thanks Kevin. I struggled a long time whether or not to have Le Mans strips on the car but with the dark color I think it looks better without them. Besides if you wanted strips wide enough that they extend into the doors they wanted a lot of money. Oh hell what am I talking about it was all insanely expensive. The two rollers Superformance had at SAAC 38 were both north of $110K and yes I did say rollers.

My favorite picture of the car was taken by an 18 year old kid that worked at a Pita Pocket just a few doors up from where the car was parked in downtown Coeur d'Alene a few years ago. Some people just got the touch. It even looks blue which much of the time it doesn't.

See how good the 15's look. I thought the Toy Store was a nice touch.

Attachments

• 4-Toy Emporium.jpg
    4-Toy Emporium.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I want a set of 17s just because there is a large selection of tires available. Richard do you have both 15 and 17?

Malcolm

Supporter
15" every time for me! Would you think 15" wheels and tyres would suit a Ford GT? No. Period wear for period cars.

Keith

Wow, nice car and great stance Richard, but I'm afraid Yes to 15's too, but hey! I'll bet the Bull had Grande Cojones which made your 17 incher look puny hence the attention grabber :drunk:

Anyway, it looks as if there a few 'Bubba's' in there and beciz the '40 ain't got a tailgate - they ain't bitin'.

(Sincere apologies Richard, if this is in fact a shot of your extended family - and no, I will not give you my address... :shifty: )

Awesome photos! I beg anyone with a GT40 to liberally post as many photos as possible for any reason. Helps those of us currently without get by.

I also like the 15's particularly on a MkI. However, the first photo with the 17's looks pretty amazing. Maybe color or something, but it works. The 17's seem okay on a MkII. It's great to see all the different combinations of rim sizes, styles and paint. On mine, I'm going to go with 15's painted completely black

It's a long story but yes I have both 15's and 17's. When the car arrived at Superformance in Irvine they told me there were no 15" tires available and they couldn't ship the car to Seattle without them. I'm not sure if the Avons were available at that time but even if they were they were not offered. After almost a month of waiting I finally pulled the trigger and bought the 17's along with tires. I must have blocked it out but I know it was expen$ive. When I went to pick up the car the 17's were on the car but the 15's had tires on them. I was not happy but that's old news and now I have both and I'm glad I do. At some point I'll put slicks or Avons on the 15's.

One thing I've found with the 17's is the knock offs have a tendency to back off. I've never had a problem with the 15's. The first time I ever drove the car I all but lost two wheels. The inside of the hub wasn't machined correctly and the wheels wouldn't seat correctly. Even after I opened them up I still have to keep a close eye on them. Every time I get gas I walk around the car with my dead blow hammer. They are also safety wired which looks cool but is a pain in the you know what.

Last edited:

Keith

Perfectly good advice about parking.

If you park next to one of these...

This is what is going to happen.... :evil:

See how good the 15's look.

I agree!!!! I have them on mine as well and have not pulled the trigger on 17"... but, I still think they look great on your car. I didn't say it on my first post but I prefer 15" on GT40s.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    602.7 KB · Views: 226
Back