SLC Street Tail Car Cover

Has anybody found a car cover that will fit a street tail slc. Without goggling the dims on the latest corvettes - maybe vipers... the general shape of those cars leads me to believe there may some stock covers that cross over to the SLC. I'm frugal and not willing to have a custom - one off cover made for several hundred dollars plus when an off the shelf one may work perfectly fine.

Has anybody found a car cover that will fit a street tail slc. Without goggling the dims on the latest corvettes - maybe vipers... the general shape of those cars leads me to believe there may some stock covers that cross over to the SLC. I'm frugal and not willing to have a custom - one off cover made for several hundred dollars plus when an off the shelf one may work perfectly fine.

There is a guy on the ffr forum that got one for his GTM. Considering the measurements are pretty close I think they would work. The GTM is about 3" longer,, same width and height, and "close" to the same profile

Autocraft size "S".

The light weight version was $30 (AC212). The medium weight is $50 (AC60). The heavy weight is $80 (AC63) at Advance Auto.

IMG_20130816_135623_zps4e9e9597.jpg

IMG_20130816_161646_zps2261d758.jpg

IMG_20130816_135346_zps5dfd7cc3.jpg

Last edited:
I think I know that Guy :cool2:.

I came across that cover a few weeks ago and couldn't pass up trying it out at $30.

I don't know the SL-C dimension, but here are the GTM numbers for comparison. There is also a fair amount of the cover under the splitter and diffuser.

Wheelbase 101 in.
Overall length 171.5 in.
Front Track 60.5 in.
Rear Track 62.0 in.
Overall height 42.5 in.
Overall width 74 in.

*Double post, Sorry. Mod please delete*

I came across that cover a few weeks ago and couldn't pass up trying it out at $30.

I don't know the SL-C dimension, but here are the GTM numbers for comparison. There is also a fair amount of the cover under the splitter and diffuser.

Wheelbase 101 in.
Overall length 171.5 in.
Front Track 60.5 in.
Rear Track 62.0 in.
Overall height 42.5 in.
Overall width 74 in.

Last edited:

-------------------------------SLC
Wheelbase 101 in. ----------105
Overall length 171.5 in. -----167
Front Track 60.5 in.
Rear Track 62.0 in.
Overall height 42.5 in. -------43
Overall width 74 in. ----------74

They are pretty close,

James-Vidal, Thanks for kicking in the info. Just what I was looking for. I'll visit the local advance, auto-zone or oreilly store over the holiday weekend. I'll report back my findings.

Back