Another SLC destined for Florida...

My son and I headed over to see Jack's SLC in Palm Bay - came back, called Fran, signed and emailed the paperwork... The plan is to have a (mostly) street car with:

LS (probably LS376 - but not 100% sure yet)
Graziano
Color TBD (going back and forth on a number of colors)
Street Tail
Wheels TBD (Thinking F14 in Piano Black)
Front Lift Kit
Handbrake Assembly
New Interior Tub
Factory Body Prep & Fitment
Fender Vents
Adjustable Pedals

During the waiting time we'll be finishing off our Factory Five Cobra and figuring out how to rearrange the garage to fit the SLC and cobra side by side...

Congratulations Stephen, enjoyed your visit too. Get over to see Yos in Kissimmee
before you decide on the color. Give a shout anytime.

welcome to the Club. The LS 376 is the most common. Are you considering 480 or 515 hp. Waynes 515 in Fl was not that much lopier than the 480. A pretty cheap 35Hp power add. Enjoy.

Congrats! Jack is quite the sales rep :). I'm heading over there from Sarasota next week as he's graciously welcomed me to the forum and invited me over to see his build. Can't wait!

Chris

BTW just got my FFR cobra in July and also figuring out the logistics of having that and either the RCR SLC or GT40.

Chris,
Sounds like your journey into kit cars is similar to ours. We're finishing up our FFR cobra and planning for our SLC. The cobra is torn apart at the moment - just staring the insulation and carpeting and you're welcome anytime to swing by and see a MK3.

Stephen H.

Congrats, though as for color choice, might I dissuade you from4 orange if you happen to be leaning in that direction. How embarrassing would it be by chance get ours confused in the same parking lot....LOL (Okay, that probably won't be happeing), or better yet, have other people confused,, saying they saw the other car somewhere...:shocked:

Okay, kidding aside, congrats, you'll probably get started on the build sooner than I will (I get home from overseas in Feb, car's been sitting in storage for a year now)

What color's have you narrowed it down to?

Where in Tampa are you at?

Talked to Fran today, and my son and I decided on the rest of the open items...So now it's going to be:

LS7
Graziano
White Gelcoat
Street Tail
Wheels - F14 in Piano Black
Front Lift Kit
Handbrake Assembly
New Interior Tub
Fender Vents
Adjustable Pedals

I have a goal to get my cobra finished by Christmas and free up some space in my garage...then onto building the SL-C...Can't wait...

Talked to Fran today, and my son and I decided on the rest of the open items...So now it's going to be:

LS7
Graziano
White Gelcoat
Street Tail
Wheels - F14 in Piano Black
Front Lift Kit
Handbrake Assembly
New Interior Tub
Fender Vents
Adjustable Pedals

I have a goal to get my cobra finished by Christmas and free up some space in my garage...then onto building the SL-C...Can't wait...

Looks like a great start!

Back