Aftermarket tuners for LS3s

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I've been researching the different tuners while trying to not go crazy waiting for my kit...only 11 weeks to go, but who's counting :anxious:
Here's the three I'm looking at. All have an analog input that could be used for an oil pressure gauge.

SCT Livewire TS: SCT Performance - Livewire TS Performance GM Programmer & Monitor**Part Number: 5416

Screen could easily be permanently mounted in the center stack and used for auxiliary gauges and has a backup camera input, but the gauge layouts are pretty limited.
5015_1_M.jpg

SCT iTSX / TSX: SCT Performance - iTSX / TSX for Android Wireless GM Vehicle Programmer**Part Number: 4416

I'd have to "donate" my Nexus 7 tablet to the SL-C if I go with this one. Again, could be mounted in the center stack, the gauge layouts are customizable, and I could use the tablet for GPS.
4015_1_M.jpg

Diablosport Trinity: Trinity

Lots more customization available for gauge layouts but smaller screen and would be harder to mount due to the irregular shape.
trinity.png

Anyone use one of these? Thoughts on which one to use?

Thanks,
Pete

Both of the units you're looking are user friendly with some very cool additional features, but are very limiting also. You'll find that the included tunes are set up for its relative production auto and possible upgrades if that is an option.

HPTuner and EFILive are the two most used for GM tuning. You will have access to every parameter of the ECM or PCM for tuning. However neither comes with preloaded tunes and requires the user to have knowledge of the software and tuning. There are resources. I purchased HPTuner and a used copy of GM EFI Tuning Beginners Guide DVD and a copy of Greg Banish's Engine Management: Advance Tuning. So far, I've used it to disable the column lock security, change the on/off cooling fan temps, tell some of the, non-system used, associated DTCs to not set a MIL and some other minor items. You cannot access and make any of these changes, yourself, using either of the two tuners you listed.
http://www.hptuners.com/
EFILive - EFILive Tuning Tool

So there are pros and cons with any of these choices. You're on the right track, doing your research, prior to purchasing.

Just my $.02s. HTHs.

that the tuner that my engine guys used, the HP. i think they had to buy a temporary ecu id because i have a cratre engine? It was just rolled up in the cost but i think my ecu now has the id of a wrecked vette?

Back