Too good to be true?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Yes, that is too good to be true. I don't think it's coincidence that the seller's user name starts with Kenya. I hope you get it but I'd be reading up on e-bay's dispute resolution process if I were you.

$960.00.... serious! The intake won't fit in the SLC - but who cares. Are you sure you didn't buy a miniature model of a real engine :)

You got scammed. No feedback, generic stock picture from another website, could probably zoom in on the UPS shipping label in the background and see what company that is from.

Ya The fact this seller has Zero feed back makes me want to plug my nose, Hope you get it but I would want to talk on the phone with him and let him know a friend who live close by was going to pick it up for me to see what his excuse was, before I sent money.

Yeah, I noticed the name and feedback. Will zoom in on the shipping label to see what it says. Supposedly it is coming from TX. I did check on the eBay and paypal policies, and it appears that I would be covered. Haven't hit send on payment quite yet.

I also think that the detailed parts listing would also protect me on the 'not as advertised' clause.

I figured that the seller may have left a 0 out on the listing price. I planned on an ITB EFI setup for my build, I would dump the intake.

Update: I zoomed on the pic and can't see the label. but the 604 street monster in the background was a clue.........

Last edited:
I'm smarter than that. I almost exclusively use paypal. And never a gift unless it is someune I know personally, but never gift for a business transaction. Sending a Gift on paypal is like sending cash without receiveing a receipt. Absolutelly no recourse if something goes bad.

I have yet to receive an email from eBay regarding the transaction.......no congrats I won, no invoice........strange....

Sorry man, but it doesn't look too good. Definately do not send the money!... the seller's account was created on Oct. 28, 2013, and they have 0 feedback reviews/seller ratings. Both of those are big red flags for ebay...

Another SLC customer also "bought" one of these as advertised on Ebay....he was expecting a nicely framed picture of an LS3 and did not expect to actually receive and engine.
He also paid with paypal and made sure he was covered by insurance first....

There are enough SL-C owners around the country that you should be able to get one to pickup a 'deal' like that and pay cash. I'd feel a lot better trusting an SL-C owner than some unknown from eBay or Craigslist.

Hi Jon
With my experience that Fran mentioned was a LS3 E Rod New in crate for $990, Free shipping, the seller ID was stewartwood (now removed by Ebay) with a name of Stewart Wood with (0) history, the payment went to William Hill at Pay Pal and with email of [email protected] and a phone # tied to the Ebay account of (616) 915-0482 with a full voice mail box and what sounded like a name of Clark Forya on the greeting message. If any of this information is common in a "too good to be true" listing, its a scam!!! Use Pay Pal with buyer protection!!! Also saw a LS376/525 for roughly the same price, different seller ID with (0) history .. notified Ebay and the listing was pulled by that afternoon. And also the seller will not respond to any question in my case. Hope this was helpful.

Back