To European SL-C owners/builders - Emissions (euroV compliant) engine choices?

Hi all,

I was wondering, which kind of engines are all the Euro guys are choosing for your SL-C's?

In case you may not have heard, there are new laws slowly being introduced within the Euro union (they are already active in Germany and Poland just to name two) which only allow new engines to be used in kit cars which comply with Euro V emissions standards. I was thinking about the E-rod, but i cant find anything online to show if this engine will pass in Europe. Some people on other forums are thinking that even the E-rod will fail. What do you guys think? I also saw rumors online that Ford are planning a similar emissions compliant engine package with their Coyote V8. So that could be a nice alternative for the future, providing it is at least Euro 5 compliant.

I was considering using an Audi R8 V8 and trans for my future build but the costs on these two brand new exceed the cost of the actual kit, CONSIDERABLY. And thanks to the new laws, used engines are ruled out too. Even if they comply with Euro 5. Ridiculous. And they wonder why the EU nearly fell to pieces. Not saying its strictly because they are stopping us from using cool engines ;). Its just that this kind of illogical mentality no doubt infects the rest of their decision making within the Euro.

Thanks, Tom

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
All OEM engines when used with the OEM vehicle calibration will meet Euro 5 compliance or better...the issue is that the GMPP LS calibrations will not...so the best chance would indeed be the E rod ....

Trying to get an answer from the OE guys will be frustrating as they don't want to commit to anything that is outside of the box...

Back