SLC LeMans???

What has become of the LeMans? I know a couple have gone out but other than Ted (L/S Man) I haven't seen any real progress or updates or pictures. Since I'm back on track with an SLC financial strategy, and the LeMans has piqued my interest, I'd like to see more..... Teds car has bars that extend way into the cabin at first glance which I feel would not be ideal for a street driven car. And living in Cali, I'm not sure the shorty wind deflector will pass DMV regs. Any thoughts?

I am building one right now. Just started fitting the body. I'll have some pictures up soon of the body fitment but meanwhile he's some build pictures.
Don't know about the CA regulations on the windscreen...

Jonathan SLC Photos by allanffr | Photobucket

Is that a Russel quick connect AN fitting to the fuel rail? Kinda looks like it - if so, those are garbage. The first version set people's cars on fire from blowing off, and the second gen is a POS from what I've heard. Aeromotive makes a nice one though.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I didn't know that Russell or Earls made any fittings that were any good...
If you value your builds, please consider using Aeroquip fittings.. You won't find Russell or Earls in many airplanes..

I'm guessing the teds QRP LeMans is track specific since I don't see the cage extending into the cabin on this build. Please keep giving us updates Alan, I always enjoy your builds.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
No, its just left long during the layup...It gets trimmed to finish height when the screen is installed.

There is another in build in Georgia too btw

Which G96 transaxle are you using? It appears it cantilevers off the back of the engine and requires no mount. Seems that would save some space for other things, like exhaust.

No, its just left long during the layup...It gets trimmed to finish height when the screen is installed.

There is another in build in Georgia too btw

Thanks Fran. Can you comment on the California regs for windscreen height?

Which G96 transaxle are you using? It appears it cantilevers off the back of the engine and requires no mount. Seems that would save some space for other things, like exhaust.

Using the G96/00. There is a lot more room with the Porsche trans-axles in general, especially compared to the Ricardos.
A mount isn't necessary but a simple one can be made that goes between the lower frame and underside of the trans-axle that won't limit the room needed for mufflers.

This is all I could find so far.... no mention of height. My FFR Cobra never had wipers and I had SB100 on it. Maybe the LeMans will pass after all. :)

Windshields: Exception
26700. (a) Except as provided in subdivision (b), a passenger vehicle, other than a motorcycle, and every bus, motortruck or truck tractor, and every firetruck, fire engine or other fire apparatus, whether publicly or privately owned, shall be equipped with an adequate windshield.
(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any vehicle issued identification plates pursuant to Section 5004 which was not required to be equipped with a windshield at the time it was first sold or registered under the laws of this state, another state, or foreign jurisdiction.

Amended Ch. 222, Stats. 1983. Effective January 1, 1984.

This SL-C is going to be a Lemans and a Coupe. So after fitting the Lemans body I've now switched over to the Coupe body.

This SL-C is going to be a Lemans and a Coupe. So after fitting the Lemans body I've now switched over to the Coupe body.

I was a little confused by the photos in the log.... Now they make since. I don't imagine this is an easy task to switch between LeMans and coupe body types, since they only share the front clip as far as I can tell. What's the motivation behind the build?
I think a targa top coupe with the LeMans rear clip would be really trick.... Anyone capable of photo shopping that?

Back