Head count of CA registered SL-C's

Hi, ive been a long time lurker and have followed the sl-c since it debuted. Im contemplating building one soon and im curious how many have been registered in CA? Were there any problems or set backs? Any info you think may be helpful or give me peace of mind please do tell. Im currently driving a noble M400 which is great and its also considered a kit and its registered with no problems. Of course ill throw a picture in for you guys as well :thumbsup:

Attachments

• noble5.jpg
    noble5.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 242
  • noble8.jpg
    noble8.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 219

Howard Jones

Supporter
I know of one for sure. No problems and done in So cal. I think there are about three total SB100 cars in California. Mine in 2014.

The SB 100 process isn't a new deal anymore. Lots of "kit" cars done, including my GTD many years ago. Lot's of information on SB100 nowadays. Search both this website and Club Cobra for California SB 100 registration process. Or just Google it.

By the way I am in San Ramon, east bay. Drop me a PM and we can talk cars. You are also welcome to drop by and have a look at mine, I will be off work for three weeks over Christmas/New Years.

Last edited:
I have my SB100 paperwork done, but car isn't fully finished yet. It was pretty easy, except when you have to write a check for the taxes. I'm in San Francisco.

Tim

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Aaron,

I also went through the SB100 fairly easily, although its important to use a DMV office that understands the SB100 process. I first tried the DMVs in Palo Alto and San Mateo, but they did not seem to know what I was talking about. I ended going to the DMV in Los Gatos and it was a breeze, they even had a special window/clerk just for SB100 folks.

I should add that this was in 2008, so things may have changed.

One thing to keep in mind, as I went through the process, the main thing and actually the only thing the DMV seemed to care about was that I could prove that I did not buy the car already built.

Document your construction with photos and receipts.

Thanks for all the info guys. It's good to know it can be done. I've heard exactly what you guys are saying which is the sb 100 makes it pretty easy with all your paper work being in order. My noble is sb 100 but I'm not the one who registered it so I'm not totally aware of all the steps. Glad to see there is a couple locals and I might take you up on the offer to come check it out.

Back