New Brough Superior Motorbike Launch

I was invited to this event and came across an interesting building on the way. It was a bit difficult to take photographs due to The Right Crowd and Some Crowding

Attachments

• Brough launch 009.jpg
    Brough launch 009.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Brough launch 010.jpg
    Brough launch 010.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Brough launch 011.jpg
    Brough launch 011.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 370
  • Brough launch 012.jpg
    Brough launch 012.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Brough launch 013.jpg
    Brough launch 013.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 340
  • Brough launch 014.jpg
    Brough launch 014.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Brough launch 015.jpg
    Brough launch 015.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 340

Keith

Fantastic Nick. What a bike! What a building. Nice little cafe/bar if you can damn well park though... :veryangry:

Fantastic Nick. What a bike! What a building. Nice little cafe/bar if you can damn well park though... :veryangry:

I think it captures the spirit of the old SS100 although it does come at a price, hope it's a success. I heard you can park fine if you are a Sheikh with a Lamborghini or such like :eek:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Nice little cafe/bar if you can damn well park though... :veryangry:

I long ago discovered a wonderful invention that completely eliminates parking problems darned near anywhere.

It's called 'a cab'! ;)

('Sorry! The devil made me do it!)

So, how many delivery vans full of gold bullion does one need to part with in order to go home with one of those?

Hey, It's less than 100K

The 2014 Brough Superior SS100Mark Upham has been dropping hints about a 'new new' machine in the Brough Superior stable, being built and assembled by Boxer Design in Toulouse, France, with help from the team at Aquila Design in England. The bike was unveiled today at the EICMA show in Milan. Upham says 'We've spent 4M euros on the design of a totally new engine, and have been in talks with Prime Minister of Britain for possible support of what we see as a major project. Our goal is to be the #2 motorcycle manufacturer in Britain. Our price range will be under 100k euros, and we expect to build perhaps 20 per year of these totally bespoke machines'.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Our price range will be under 100k euros, and we expect to build perhaps 20 per year of these totally bespoke machines'.

Well...if I'm going to spend that amount for a toy, it had better have 4 wheels, 2 seats, and a roof!

Buuuuuuuuut, maybe that's just me...cheapskate that I am...:D

My step father had one , think it had a JAP engine not really sure, he bought it back with him after the war, I can remember as a kid seeing it occasionally but it spent 99.9% of its life in the shed under cover, I cant ever recall seeing it going, or him riding it, [another story] basically he got run over by a drunk yankie sailor the day he got of the boat in Auckland NZ and smashed his hip, stuffed him for life, then it disappeared from our garage the day he died, turned up years later, or were pretty sure its the same bike, in a museum on Hamilton Island.
but mum lost all of dads records etc after he died and we couldn't prove nothing.

cheers John

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Nick,
When you are in Fulham Road again or anywhere 'up west' let me know.
How about a super dimsum lunch at Pearl Liang in the Paddington basin (just by the canal). Min vin vill beteilen (Keith will pay). I'm in town about 3 days a week.

Hey, It's less than 100K

They are saying around 50k Euros which is a lot until you see what original SS100 go for, due to be tested next year and in production in 2015.

Nick,
When you are in Fulham Road again or anywhere 'up west' let me know.
How about a super dimsum lunch at Pearl Liang in the Paddington basin (just by the canal). Min vin vill beteilen (Keith will pay). I'm in town about 3 days a week.

David,

Thank you very much for your generous offer on Keith's behalf, I am a West Country lad exiled to the North West so it was a one off special trip primarily to see the bike but also to see if the streets were paved with gold.

I could have done with your local knowledge though as the walk from Victoria Coach station to 584 Kings Road and back, did not look very far on the map, my legs are telling me different.

Found out there are a lot of people in London, quite a few in your corner shop, Harrods I think they call it, although strangely they did not put the price on a lot of things in it, bags by some Louis Vuitton guy, can't think why.

Found out there are a lot of people in London, quite a few in your corner shop, Harrods I think they call it, although strangely they did not put the price on a lot of things in it, bags by some Louis Vuitton guy, can't think why.

Is thread drift allowed on your own thread posted the above at 11:08 and at 12:29 this email pops up Louis Vuitton Sale: 80% off TODAY ONLY, does make you wonder, be careful they are watching you. :eek:

“You're mind is working at its best when you're being paranoid.
You explore every avenue and possibility of your situation
at high speed with total clarity.”
― Banksy, Banging Your Head Against a Brick Wall

Last edited:

Keith

I must remember to dig through my Father's photos. Mind you, he's been gone 33 years now so I had better speed things up a bit.

I have a dreadful feeling that it was my Grandfather's not my Fathers now after mature reflection, but I still might have some photos. My Father's passion was a Scott Squirrel - was that a 3 cylinder?

Keith.

The Scott Flying Squirrel was a 596 cc water-cooled two-stroke twin.

Im sure there is one at the Sammy Milller museum

Scott_Flying_Squirrel[1].jpg

The Silk Scott 700S was made in 1978

1978-silk-700s-3-858x570[1].jpg

Last edited:

Keith

Yes of course. The Museum is but a 10 minute drive from here - fascinating place.

These bikes were pre WWII and thus were long gone before I was born. Just ancient memories from photographs.

Must must get someone to bring a box in. There are 40 large Staples sealed crates which contain nearly all writings, music and photographs with a few books, all going back about 150 years. I know absolutely nothing about my father or grandfather, or indeed any of their families but I'm willing to bet it's all in there somewhere and the trouble is, I haven't been too bothered. Not a sterling childhood by any means...

But I'm getting there...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
As a youngster I rode this once!
Classic Cars in Rhodesia
I was probably 13 pr 14 and Dennis .bartlett was my best buddy at school. His dad had a range of vintage machines.
I did manage to ride it over a rockery as the turning circle with the swept back handlebars was akin to a supertanker

Ian

Who is behind the resurrection of the brand Nick ?.

Bob

Hi Bob,

A guy called Mark Upham

Mark Upham, a former Ducati dealer who runs a business supplying parts for classic bikes, and who bought rights to the Brough Superior name in 2008.

More info here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/10451650/The-return-of-Brough-Superior.html

http://www.broughsuperiormotorcycles.com/

I must remember to dig through my Father's photos. Mind you, he's been gone 33 years now so I had better speed things up a bit.

I have a dreadful feeling that it was my Grandfather's not my Fathers now after mature reflection, but I still might have some photos.

Keith, if you can manage it and post up any photos that would be fantastic.

Last edited:
Back