cannot access page

For some reason unbeknown to me, i'm not allowed to post in the paddock, specifically the Mandela tribute thread, was it something I've said, certainly had no intention of ever offending anybody, if I have, I truly apologise.
cheers John

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Wrong. It depends on what time of day you looked, if it was a nice day outside, and what other distractions there are.
More posts have been commented on in the paddock today than just about any other post on the website non paddock.
Its no big deal anyway- Its only a few shillings anyway.
A pint of beer in this village is £4.20 and a typical evening in the pub is about £20 per person so a few shillings on the website is diddly squat. I go to the Pilots night on Thursdays in a local pub and a round is £25 to £30.

Will that (some sort of contribution) ever happen ? I have my doubts.
Come on guys - Keep the site going as the options are rather dire.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Whilst I am very happy that David and many others have no problem paying into the forum I feel I should point out that this is not the case for many people who visit the forum. I am aware of several people who through no fault of their own are not able to contribute financially but who have valuable contributions to make. Several have serious medical issues which not only prevents them from working but also have little or no pension. Some have had strokes or heart attacks or have serious degenerative diseases.
In addition to believing that the pay to post in the paddock is poor idea for many reasons I think that the point I have made above deserves some consideration. If there is an issue with forum finances then some exposition of the problem would be a better way forward than the knee jerk reaction we have had implemented.
As ever just my opinion.

FTP

Keith

Hmmmmmmmmm :shrug:

Valuable contributions to make to the Paddock? Are you sure? :huh:

Free to people with heart problems, degenerative diseases and on minimum State Pension ? :stunned:

Ron! I want my cash back!

Edit: The Paddock has over 25% of those on line viewing at the moment. Bob, it's not a ghost town, but I have noticed that people do sign off quickly when you post mate. Just saying...

Back