Many Thanks to Jack & Wayne!!!

I spoke to Jack Molleur a couple of days ago, about the SLC. I mentioned to him that I've not been able to see one in person yet, and would really like to at least see a car that is being built and spend some time discussing the in's and out's of the car.

I am in West Palm Beach every week for work, and have read that there are a few SLC builds going on down here. He arranged for me to meet with Wayne Morob in Jupiter, Florida. Wayne put aside the early portion of the Super-Bowl to make the time to show his car and take me for an over the top blast through Jupiter. :thumbsup:

Since I have been involved with a GTM build for quite some time, I had some reference to compare one to the other, and get a feel for what the SLC would be.

When I pulled into his driveway, I could see the silhouette of his car from the rear. Even from a couple hundred feet away, it looked menacing. As I got closer, it was even more so.

One of the first things that really surprised me right off the bat, was how much bigger the car seems compared to what I thought it would be. It's a wide car to say the least. And pictures really don't do it justice. There are lines in the body work that you really don't see in most pictures. I stood there with my mouth hanging open. I know i must have looked a bit silly; but I was with another car guy. I'm sure he understood!

A couple of really cool things that Wayne did was to incorporate automatically actuated doors. From his key fob, he can open and close the doors using hydraulic actuators... That was pretty cool to see.

He also fabbed a very nice "Tubi" style muffler/exhaust. Very nice work!

He's using one of the original race splitters in front, which yields about 2 1/2" of clearance. I'm not sure how it gets over the speed bumps in his neighborhood, but it does... He also uses the RamLift Pro system when he needs to pick the nose up.

Wayne asked if I'd like to go for a ride... Let me think for a nannosecond... Yesssssssssss!

To say that the ride through his hometown was over the top really doesn't come close. Let's just say that I'm REALLY glad that All the Police, Sherriffs, and State troupers were at Dunkin' Doughnuts, or some other place that completely held there attention for a little while...

It seems that without fail, these type cars bring the Rock Star Image to the table. This was certainly no different. Lots of stares, a few pictures, plenty of thumbs ups, and a Ricer that looked over with that look in his eyes... and then QUICKLY thought better of it. Of course Wayne showed him that he made the right choice... I couldn't see behind me, but I have no doubt that there were a couple of nice 13" wide tracks left behind as souvenirs for others to admire.

We then made our way back to Wayne's house to tuck the SLC back in, safely away from the eyes of all the "Witnesses".

I really figured that he would be eager to wrap the SLC presentation up, so he could watch the rest of the Super Bowl. ( Neither of us knew at that point that we weren't missing ANYTHING there...)

He took the time to answer my questions, and made me feel welcomed. It's always a blast and a pleasure to be able to spend some time with a fellow gear-head, and compare notes.

Thanks again to Jack for putting this together for me, and to Wayne for the invitation.

Very much appreciated.

Mike

Last edited:
Next time you're around, come on up here. You can see a "naked" (body off again)one and some different body mods I'm just finishing up.

I would like that Jack. Thank you!

I'll give you a call when I can free up some time to drive up.

Thanks,

Mike

One of the first things that really surprised me right off the bat, was how much bigger the car seems compared to what I thought it would be. It's a wide car to say the least.

That seems to be a pretty common comment I get from friends. I'm not sure why - are people expecting it to be the width of a pencil?

Cool write up Mike! I'm laughing out loud reading your experience. If you remember when we spoke offline a while back, I had basically same reaction to the SLC. Pictures do not do it justice. It is visually assaulting in person. It does not share lines/details with any road going car. The lines are not "familiar" if you will.

Wayne certainly built a cool example of the SLC. I love the color.

It sounds like you guys had a good time out there.

Yeah... I'd always heard that it was the width of a pencil... It just looks more narrow in pictures. Especially if you've never seen one before.

Thanks for sharing Mike, I'm glad that you finally got to see and drive in one.
How soon until you'll be building one?

I'm sure we'd all enjoy some pictures, never saw one in white pearl....:smartass:

Michael,
I have to ask the question. How long has it been since you painted the car. I am assuming it is paint. Some information you should be aware of. Solvents and other products(gasoline) will attack the finish if not aged. Paint requires time to cure, sometimes more than 6 months. The makers of "Plastidip", a solvent based product, say that you shouldn't use it on a recently painted car for at least 6 months. It will ruin the clear coat. Tape, even the light stick painters tape can do the same thing. Reason I know, is I did the same thing to the edges of my rear clip right after I had it painted. Was worried that taking the clip off and on for the rest of the build would chip it. When I removed the tape, there was an outline of the tape on the paint. Took a long time to get it off. If worried about nicks from the door edges, go ahead and add the weather seal and let it do its job, or take them off and put in a safe place. If the weather seal does any damage it won't be seen. Thought you should know.

Bill

Michael,
I have to ask the question. How long has it been since you painted the car.
Bill

Hi Bill. This is not my car. These are pictures of the car that Wayne Morob invited me to see and ride in. But, with that said; I also have the same tape on my GTM door jams... I'll remove the tape, and clean the painted areas well in order to protect them.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mike

Thanks for sharing Mike, I'm glad that you finally got to see and drive in one.
How soon until you'll be building one?

I'm sure we'd all enjoy some pictures, never saw one in white pearl....:smartass:

Hi Allan. Always good to hear from you! Yes, I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to see the SLC. It really put some things in perspective in my decision making process. The ride was icing on the cake.

With all the SLC's that have been through your shop, I can't imagine one not being Pearl White.

In any event, it is a Beautiful "color" on the lines of this car. It actually softens it up a little. I think that the Soft White color is also why the width of the car surprised me. Red & Black tends to hide the real dimensions of body panels. I think Pearl White may do that also...

I have to finish my GTM and see where I am then. I think that I would probably need to sell it before I pulled the trigger. For build space, as well as financial reasons.

But, I can see one of these in my future.

Wayne told me that it only took 15 hours to install that ISIS wiring system in the SLC. I can't even imagine that... Not with the number of hours of labor that I have paid for, (twice) to have my car wired with the "PAINLESS" wiring system...

I'll be in touch soon.

Mike

Last edited:
Cool write up Mike! I'm laughing out loud reading your experience. If you remember when we spoke offline a while back, I had basically same reaction to the SLC. Pictures do not do it justice. It is visually assaulting in person. It does not share lines/details with any road going car. The lines are not "familiar" if you will.

Wayne certainly built a cool example of the SLC. I love the color.

It sounds like you guys had a good time out there.

Roberto! Yes, it was a blast... literally. I think there is a reason Wayne lives in Jupiter... If you're not careful with the SLC, you could end up ON Jupiter. So he went ahead and moved there.... It's just a theory.

This car is still a work in progress, but you're right, he built a really nice car. Stout LS3 pushing mid 500 horse power at the crank, if I recall. It really hammers you into the Tillet B5's.

Wayne told me that he had in up in Daytona to attend a Ferrari Track day with some of his buddies. The "out of the box" numbers that he was able to achieve simply by adjusting the air pressure in his tires, was amazing.

Good to hear from you also Buddy.

Mike

Last edited:
Hey Stig/Mike!

It's the same rev2xs from the GTM forums here. The guy who built the first GTM in Poland :)

Like you, i too am contemplating (very seriously) an SLC build in my near future :)

Your write up makes me want to do it now lol. And the colour in your pictures is pretty much the colour i was thinking about too! I was thinking of using that 2006 Subaru Liberty pearl White. I reckon the SLC would look sick with that colour and carbon fiber highlights. Maybe even with a two tone combo of the two.

I'm just such a huge fan of both cars, the GTM and the SLC. That would be my perfect 2 car garage.

Back