SLC transaxle alignment photos

Hi!

I’m running a LS3 376/480HP engine and Ricardo transaxle. Fran has been unbelievably excellent in assisting me with my inquiries. However, this simple comparison question that forum members could assist me with instead of me bugging Fran all the time!

I was wondering if someone else with this engine/transaxle combination could post a photo, looking from above, (the car must be taking full suspension load) of their drive shaft as it travels from the transaxle mounting point to the stub axle entering the wheel hub.

I wish to get a comparison of other peoples axle alignments with that on my car.
Fran explained to me the axle does NOT need to run in alignment with the transaxle. I just want to see how my car compares to others.

If you draw a straight line out from the transaxle mounting point compare that with the actual alignment of the axle by the time the stub axle enters the hub. How far forward of the transaxle does your stub axle enter the hub from where that straight line coming from the transaxle would be?
See my attempted diagram of what I’m after.

I know it would be easier for me to post a photo of mine but I don't have a decent pic of this at present

cheers
Stu

Attachments

• image10871.pdf
    183.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Stu it can actually be advantages to have some built in angle, if your running good quality 930 CV joints 10-12 deg is well within their limits, on my F5000 they are square but I have 12 deg angle off horizontal.
hope that helps.
cheers John

I don't have any pics but I can confirm that with my Ricardo/LS the wheel hub mounting point is ahead of the transaxle mounting point so the axle shaft joins the two at an angle ... no issues to report.

Thanks John and Jim! Fran has sorted me out (as a newbie to transaxles) on the engineering side of it and I understand all that now being the SLC is designed to run axles at the angles it does. I'm just interested to see pictures of others axle angles from a learning and comparison perspective.

Ps Jim I'm just up the road from brookvale

Thanks for your response Alex! Glad to hear you've had no issues with it, which Fran has already reassured me of many times. I would imagine someone running a Porsche/LS would have different angles compared to the Ricardo/LS

Back