Sinkhole in the National Corvette Museum

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
140212104606-02-corvette-sinkhole-horizontal-gallery.jpeg

Corvettes fall into sinkhole at National Corvette Museum - CNN.com

Ouch! I hope the '83 didn't go in the hole - it's the only one! :shocked:

Ford did it!!!!!!!! They should just leave it as a monument to how this country's going? Especially the car industry.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Do you think they need another bail out????

All joking aside ---

I do hope that they got all the other vehicles out of there and can recover those that have been swallowed...

There is a '65 vette in Forty Fathom Grotto, sitting at about 135' underwater. That one has been down there for years!

Sometimes, bad things happen to good cars.

;)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
What do you imagine the odds are AGAINST a stinking sink hole opening up right smack-dab under a special place like that? In the GADZILLIONS, maybe?

What a darned shame.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
That must be where the "tubes" that George Carlin asked about are.

"The country's going down the tubes. Where are these tubes? I wanna see these tubes"
George Carlin

They should be able to recover the cars with a crane. I'm sure they can restore any damage that has been done to the cars. They've restored cars in a lot worse shape I'm sure.

Looks like a great opportunity to start a tourist adventure in those underground passages to view relics from the past, never know what else might be down there!

Actually, I believe it was the Porsche affectionatos in a concerted effort to "undermine" the strong Corvette heritage in the US. ;>}

John
2012 Grand Sport coupe

Back