SCL in the works Alexandria La.

Hello to everyone that post on this web site. I have been watching builds on this site for quite some time now. I must say y'all are having a good time with all of this. I will be making the trip to RCR in April to put my eyes on one and my butt in one of these cars y'all are so nuts about. By the way it sounds that I will be writing a check there soon after. After talking to Fran he suggested 480hp LS3 verses 525hp ASA LS3. I'm not there yet but the man knows much more about SLC's than me. NOLA Motorsports Park is 2 1/2 hours south in New Orleans. A really great facility with a country club feel, great karting track and a 2.75 mile road course with condo lots available. Ok can you see where I'm going with this. Check out they're web site nolamotor.com. I will leave with thank you all for the info I have gather already and I look for more in the future. Keep posting

Welcome Matt. Let me know if you ever have any layovers in DFW. Ha, it might be for ice this winter...BTW, I heard Waynes 525 hp ls3 and it had a bit lopier cam but was similar to my 480hp. Fran may be recommending a 480hp for reliability. This one has been bullet proof for 9,400 mi...

Welcome Matt. Let me know if you ever have any layovers in DFW. Ha, it might be for ice this winter...BTW, I heard Waynes 525 hp ls3 and it had a bit lopier cam but was similar to my 480hp. Fran may be recommending a 480hp for reliability. This one has been bullet proof for 9,400 mi...

I thought you had several issues like having to replace the ?cam? gear

No, my a/c belt hopped off, cracked my cam position sensor and dinged my front main seal. I got those fixed but that wasnt chevy's fault, it was the old Vintage air a/c brackets that sucked..

o i c .... sorry, didn't know the backstory ... but see, I told you guys that a/c is over-rated ... iz race car, does not need, your car was trying to tell you that :D

Well, Cam I'm glad everything was fixable. And I have to say I have kept up with all of your build. Alex the same with you. Cam if I'm ever that way I promise, you will be looking that my mug. I look forward to it. I understand there is an SLC in Belleville Il. too. I'm from up that way and go back up there a couple of times a year. So I hope to meet that owner too! I can hardly wait to see the SLC in person. If all turns out the way y'all say I will, I think I'll go with Gluf Blue Gellcoat and some Forgestar F14 wheels. The wheels I think I'll have done in a transparent blue finish. So that's the plane for now. The cars look on the way small side, but I can deal with that. It's gonna depend on the feel of the seat on the butt. There is nothing like the feel of a race car. Especially a race car that would be tolerable and comfortable enough to drive on the street. I will see. I want to put my eyes on those new interior pieces, they interest me. A water tight cabin is a must in Louisiana. So I know that might be a challenge but oh well. Ok gentlemen talk at ya later.

Back