Penski Shocks

Michael Fling

Supporter
First, many thanks to Craig for his help with my build. We both received our Penski shocks. A few questions I hope someone could help with…

1. Rear shock- Still waiting on the spring so they cannot get mounted yet. But when it does arrive, what is the recommended install position? Red collar front or rear, and reservoir outside or inside?

photo_2-4-1.jpg

2. The front shocks have the lift unit. What is correct position of the red ring? I assume to the bottom. The lift cylinder can be position above or below the spring. Is there a preferred position?

photo_1-4-1.jpg

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The shocks are labeled for the correct and corresponding location on the car

The shocks will work in either orientation but I run the fronts with the adjusters (red bit) on the top so its easier to reach them and the rears with the red end forward
The lift kit can be mounted above or below the spring.
Make sure you follow the post and advice I gave to Pete B about operating the lift kit with the spring under tension and the shock fully extended

Craig and I chatted earlier and I helped him out with the adjusters...

Here is the Penske manual for the shocks
http://www.penskeshocks.com/assets/8300-DA%20SHOCK%20Manual.pdf

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Mike do not point the hose towards the front wheel it will hit and be ripped from the shock....test fit and have a look

In the rear the canister leans into the engine bay

Michael Fling

Supporter
I intend to mount the remote air reservoir for the front Penski shocks in the front trunk area on the horizontal bulkhead support. A few questions:

1. The line that exits from the shock to the reservoir works best if it faces forward. Fran said not to do that. If it is clear of the wheel, what is the concern?
2. Is there a preferred location to mount the front remote reservoirs?

Last edited:
Back