Warren's SLC first impression

Hello all, I had a chance to take my slc out for its first shakedown run. I was totally impressed how well the car rides and handles with some serious power under the hood. This car is going to be fun!!!!!!!!! So I didn't have any issues yet. I am using the Ricardo with a 441 ci Ls7 block forged internals, ported Ls3 heads, Ls3 intake,custom cam and a accusump. This engine put out 689hp and 682 tq on the engine dyno. This is the car I bought from Dave Lindemann. I want to thank everyone that I have asked for information when I was building this project. I am ready to do another one!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• front finish.jpg
    front finish.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 460
  • rear fin.jpg
    rear fin.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 478
  • finish engine.jpg
    finish engine.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 588
  • left side finish.jpg
    left side finish.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 485
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 556
With that HP to weight ratio do you have a problem spinning the tires and not hooking up?

The "cup" rims in black are also my choice to go on an SLC.

Fran, Are they a standard option?

Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Warren! I'm really glad the car went to someone with the time and skill sets to build the car and get it on the road. You've done an excellent job and completed it in what must be record time!

Regards,
Dave L

With that HP to weight ratio do you have a problem spinning the tires and not hooking up?

The "cup" rims in black are also my choice to go on an SLC.

Fran, Are they a standard option?
The first two gears are all spin, 3rd there is a little spinning going on but hooks pretty good for cold crappy roads. I am amazed at how straight it stays when spinning the tires. I have driven many c5 c6 corvettes and this is going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!

Hi Warren

Thanks for the post. I note your air intake set up is as per most SL-C's with the air filter sitting above the rear of the transaxle. However, I note that you don't seem to have cut out the rear vents, in the top of the clam, just after the rear engine window. Out of interest...If you haven't cut out those vents by what means (other than the turret intake) are you getting airflow to the intake?

cheers
Stuart

Yes. the vents are cut like Dave says with screens installed. The paint is candy red the pictures dont justify the color, also working on black stripes on front and rear lid soon. Oh ya the title and registration in the process to.

Warren-congrats on your SLC! Beautiful build. Are you finishing the interior?

The SLC feels awesome with NA big cube motors. Doubters who never drive one will never understand how much inherit traction the SLC has in spite of it's light weight. Even more so with the right spring/shock combo. Any plans for traction control?

Can you share more build details?

Here are some pictures and interior is carpet with painted dash,console, door panels. No traction control I think my right foot is well behaved HA HA !!!

Attachments

• cool 1.jpg
    cool 1.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 363
  • coolant tank mod.jpg
    coolant tank mod.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 379
  • fan mount.jpg
    fan mount.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 348
  • header.jpg
    header.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 341
  • water mod.jpg
    water mod.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 395
  • finished interior.jpg
    finished interior.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 496
  • fuel plumbing.jpg
    fuel plumbing.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 417
  • coolant line.jpg
    coolant line.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 358
  • rear exhaust.jpg
    rear exhaust.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 402
  • intake muffler.jpg
    intake muffler.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Thanks for setting me straight Dave and Warren, just hard to pick that up from the pictures...unless my eyes need adjusting!

From the look of your ‘cabin’ photo that’s the access panel to your fuel system on the rear bulkhead giving you access to change fuel filters etc. Which is great if the car is not completely fitted out (upholstered).
To those that have a completely fitted out (upholstered) rear bulkhead wouldn't it be easier to have the access panel built into the floor skin? given fuel filters are a regularly serviced item.
I say this because the SL-C I've just purchased is having fuel pick-up issues and there is no floor access and the rear bulkhead is fully upholstered in leather so we have to do a lot of dismantling to even see if an access panel exists in the bulkhead! sorry to hijack your thread.
cheers
Stu

From the look of your ‘cabin’ photo that’s the access panel to your fuel system on the rear bulkhead giving you access to change fuel filters etc. Which is great if the car is not completely fitted out (upholstered).
To those that have a completely fitted out (upholstered) rear bulkhead wouldn't it be easier to have the access panel built into the floor skin? given fuel filters are a regularly serviced item.
I say this because the SL-C I've just purchased is having fuel pick-up issues and there is no floor access and the rear bulkhead is fully upholstered in leather so we have to do a lot of dismantling to even see if an access panel exists in the bulkhead! sorry to hijack your thread.
cheers
Stu

Everyone has different priorities, but I mounted my fuel filters on a panel in the engine compartment for easy access. It's nice to see them tucked into the recess next to the fuel tank as is the common place to put them, but as Stu says, access can be a pain.

I used the Canton filters that have a removable top. That means you can inspect and replace filters without having to take the filter apart, typically by removing one or more AN fittings. It's much easier.

Mounting and access is particularly important for a track or race car, where filters need to be able to be checked and cleaned very quickly.

Thanks for setting me straight Dave and Warren, just hard to pick that up from the pictures...unless my eyes need adjusting!

cheers
Stu
I can access my fuel filters and pumps from the rear panel that I made removable and access the regulator for quick adjusting if needed.

Back