My 30 000 km Ford Ranger.....

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
This is what happens when you tussle with an 18 wheeler on a freeway..... IT HURTETH!!!

Lucky to walk away from that. Did have some ugly head injuries and still busy removing glass from my scalp. Worse though is my chest which took a beating against the dash. Dash destroyed, gearlever off. Etc.etc. oh yes. It is extremely difficult to cough, sneeze or fart.... I understand what is meant by 'felt like getting hit by a train'

Attachments

• IMG-20140408-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20140408-WA0001.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 245

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
Well another example of my shaping skills.

Attachments

• IMG-20140408-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20140408-WA0002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG-20140408-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20140408-WA0000.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 234

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
What were you doing driving an 18 wheeler?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad it was not more serious - no wonder it hurt!

Take time to recover - you will appreciate the physio done now in the future years

Ian

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
What were you doing driving an 18 wheeler?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad it was not more serious - no wonder it hurt!

Take time to recover - you will appreciate the physio done now in the future years

Ian

hahaha!!! Thx Ian!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Ah, its just a scratch -- it should buff out
I know about head butting the windscreen from inside -only through not wearing a seat belt
Did the air bags go off ??
Any way "lucky" at least you can tell the story--speedy recovery mate.

Jackal

CURRENTLY BANNED
:) Thx Chris. Yeah mate did not where the strap... except for the head that is why I hit the centre part of the dash with my chest. Last couple of days have been hell. I am now getting spasms in my upper torso just about everywhere. I actually went to my house doctor because it seemed to be getting worse... and I didn't want worse than last night and this morning! Anyway he told me one of the pain pills prescibed by the hosptital should be avoided with my kind of injuries because it does hamper breathing and I already have a problem inhaling. He also injected me with some good becuause I feel way better a couple of hours later. (Had a couple of whiskies just to make sure the injection does not wear off prematurely :) I see light at the end of the tunnel!

As far as the airbags....... nope not one deployed. I actually found out that it won't deploy if yo do not wear your seatbelt. Apparently the reason being when your seatbelt jerks at the right force the airbags pop. So nope. They are still intact. Someone will most probably sell them on ebay in a months time! All jokes aside. I have never used a seatbelt and seriously hate them. After this though, I have thought alot more about my Vigilante build and there will be some serious changes. Now I want a roll cage inside the spaceframe and mandetory seatbets (4 point or if it depended on me 20 point :) ) I have seriously realized how the high body Ranger saved me because it was high. The Vigilante is Murcielago height and what I did have planned If I was in the same accident, I would most probably been mince meat. I most probably would not of been doing 120km/hr either..... Sooooooo I guess withe all the pain and insurance hassles etc. alot of good came out of this. I even have been thinking about my scissor doors and if the car is upside down... how do I get out? My side windows are pretty small too. Make no mistake I am building my Vigilante to be be supercar performance....... only now have I realized it must have supercar safety too.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
In Australia it is an offence to not wear a seat belt - Fines and demerit points and in a case like yours insurance would be void as well.

.05 blood alcohol

No guns

Cyclists must wear helmets

Wearing a seatbelt is mandatory in SA too.

Enforcement of road traffic rules is very lax in SA, except for camera speed traps. Often see bikes running with no number plates at all.

Cheers

Fred W B

Back