XLR Column for sale

I have the XLR column that comes with the SLC for sale. Includes the steering wheel and quick release that is supplied. Figure I would see if any one needs it here before I put it out on Ebay.
Have a spare e-brake handle too !

Attachments

• IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 209
I have rather large feet ... LOL ... So I am using a 2010 Corvette non electric column. For any one on the forum, I will sell for $200 plus shipping cost. After looking on Ebay, I think that's fair.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
My apologies but I just purchased a new one on ebay. The picture of yours didn't show the clock spring and that item is rather expensive if purchased separately.

If I may ask....did you transfer the intermediate shaft from the XLR column over to the C6 Corvette steering column you used? Did the C6 Corvette column share the same mounting bolt pattern as the XLR column Bob? Was it dimensionally similar?

I used the XLR column in my SLC but removed both tilt and telescopic motors and all related parts. It gave me a lot more room. I can still adjust both functions....just manually now.

I may play in Fran's sandbox again (future GT-R) so I'm currently building the same electrical system again since it's still fresh in my mind.

Last edited:
The C6 is the same bolt pattern and has same trim shape so it fits nicely in the dash notch. I will use standard DD shaft to connect the column to the rack.
The electrical connections on the C6 column use resistors on the outputs.
I opened each switch, and removed the micro resistors so they will just be N.O. Contacts that will play nice with the ISIS.

Back