changeing title in connecticut

Has anyone had any success with changing from a composite title to a 1966 gt40 title.
If you were to register today for the first time with a C.O. you can register it as 1966. apparently once title it can't be changed. must be in stone somewhere
There is a financial incentive to having a 1966 title and that is property taxes, a 25 year old vehicle can be registered as an antique and limiting the value to $500.00. with a composite title its full boat on the taxes. If your car has a value of $100,000.00 its $3500.00 a year in property taxes. Welcome to Connecticut
I spent the day at DMV trying to accomplish this. Frustrating because no one knew what to do. I was sent from department to department and back to the original person. I had every piece of documentation required. They kept asking me for paper work and i kept producing everything they asked for. finally the dmv guy i need the car here to look at. only thing i didn't have with me. So i hate to subject myself to this again. So if someone has accomplished this let me know how you did it
this is a problem cobras as well
LLoyd

Lloyd - As far as I know, if the vehicle was originally titled as a current year, say 2001, composite, that's what it will stay. A friend ran into this with his Cobra, which is now 25 years old so he's out of the [taxation] woods. I suspect you could get around this by "totaling" the vehicle by claiming you disassembled it and sold parts or saying it burned up on your property, was destroyed when a tree fell on it, etc, and then re-inspect/register it minus the VIN tag. You might have to repaint it and change a couple minor things....after all, does one GT40 from the same manufacturer, say, Superformance, look any different than the next except for minor touches and paint? Nothing in the law requires you to have had collision/fire/theft on it, only liability so there wouldn't be any insurance entanglements. As far as the state has to know, you just simply built another one. Or...register it in another state that recognizes the SEMA factor of resembling the closest year to the original, as CT does, then "import" it to CT as a 1965 or whatever.
Food for thought.

i was hoping for an easier solution. I might explore registering it in Rhode Island.
I might contact RI dmv and see how they would handle it. I have a home in RI so its
a legitimate address.
LLoyd

Back