Nico's GT40

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
Hello everyone,

It has been a couple of months since I introduced myself.

Lately (3 months) I've been busy building up a GT40 in 3D from scratch.

I used the plans from the riviera GT40 and have been adding elements, have a look at my renders and tell me what you think.

I would love to start building a GT40 for real but I'm not sure if I can register it onto the Belgian roads, otherwise I'd choose an RCR GT40.

For the moment I'm a bit blocked because I can't find right dimensions for the dash, rear suspension, seats,...
If anyone can help me with any parts/dimension, that'd be great!

Cheers!

Nicolas

Attachments

• assembly1 (1).jpg
    assembly1 (1).jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 715
  • GT40_assembly2.jpg
    GT40_assembly2.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 558
  • untitled.24.jpg
    untitled.24.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 577
Hi Nico,
where are you located in Belgium?
I am still busy finishing my cobra, but have a GT40 body in my shop and I will start designing my chassis/suspension mid 2015.
Frank

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
I have done some more work on the GT40, Would like to hear what you think of it.

Next will be the dash and the rest of the interior

nicolas-vdw-albums-3d-gt40-nicolas-picture1493-screenshot-11.png

nicolas-vdw-albums-3d-gt40-nicolas-picture1494-screenshot-2.png

nicolas-vdw-albums-3d-gt40-nicolas-picture1495-screenshot-3.png

With thanks to Voshod

Hi Nicolas,
Looking great.
It looks like Solidworks ?
I have the rear suspension partly done in Solidworks to simulate the ride height and the settings of the suspension.
Regards
Andy

Attachments

• Snap48.jpg
    Snap48.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
Hi!

Thanks for the kind words. I made it in Siemens NX, it's a unigraphics application.

Would you mind sending your model over? It would help me a lot as I do not have access to the GT40 Geometry. Where are you located in Belgium?

Cheers,

Nicolas

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Coming along nicely Nicolas...
Some of the scoops and vents seem more reminicent of the newer Ford GT than the Mk1 GT40, but that may have been your goal...
I wish I had your talent with tools like that.

Nicolas VDW

Supporter
Thanks, I now added a human model to continue the build, now I have added a dashboard and a steering wheel.

Next up will be the seat. Does someone have the general dimensions for such a seat?

Back