Is this a GT40 Replica

Hi guy I'm new to this and found this car and all she knows is her husband told her it was a Ford GT40 Replica.
My question is how much is it worth or should I steer clear.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2019.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 598
Valkyrie by Fiberfab I think, seems they still have a website... not really a GT40 in any shape or form. Website had a kit price tag of $16k, but I never bothered to check out what you get for that.

Valkyrie by Fiberfab I think, seems they still have a website... not really a GT40 in any shape or form. Website had a kit price tag of $16k, but I never bothered to check out what you get for that.

Jac is right - I had one (bought a body) and finally sold it off. It's a poor replica of a GT40 that was built to fit on a Volkswagon chassis.
1. check to see if it has an engine
2. check to see if it has a transaxle
3. check to see the condition of the fiberglass body.

Generally my advice would be to move on. But if you can "steal it" and don't mind having a poor GT40 replica, it might be worth the time and effort!

John

I've seen these sell for $2500 in good condition (no engine or transmission) and around $5000 running. I'm sure they can be a fun, cheap car to build, but they really look almost nothing like a GT40, and the back end is hideous, in my opinion.

The Valkyrie had a dedicated tube frame using Corvair suspension and transaxle.
The Avenger was VW Beetle based. In any case, I'd stay clear of it.

Here is a thought.... It would be an interesting "electric" car. Saw one finished on Utube, and at a car show, and it looked pretty neat. You don't have to call it a GT 40 in that instance. Could be a fun, run around car.

Bill

Back