Catalyst System on a GT40?

G

Is there anybody that has a three-ways catalyst System with cat, lambda on a GT40?
How do I fit a twin catalytic converter and a muffler?
I like to do it tidily and properly, no temporary solution!

G

Roaring Forties uses electronic fuel injection and cats with the Motec M48 computer on their cars. they even use twin carbon canisters since they have to meet modern smog requirements in Australia. George Cochran in Idaho makes a cross over exhaust system that hides the cats in the stock appearing muffler. Many of us on this web site have purchased his exhaust system but I don't think any of us opted for the cats.

G

Nice to hear!
How can I reach George Cochran in Idaho, does he have any e-mail or website or.. ?
I would be very interested to see a picture on it if anyone have it!
smile.gif

/ Poul

G

Poul, just an idea I was thinking about doing on my gt40,(although I'm a ways from that stage). Fitting a cat converter where the muffler normally sits and not using a conventional muffler but a "super trapp" which is just a glorified exhaust tip with baffle plates. Any converter silences somewhat anyway, and some of the aftermarket ones are nice and compact. This would solve 2 problems, space for cat and muffler, and weight. The only problem I see would be the dissapation of the extra heat that a cat creates.

Ron Earp

Admin
Here is a picture of the RF convertor (one of them) setup. This one is non-crossover, however, there is a cross-over version as well. Fits well and is nicely done given the work space.

convertor.jpg

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

[ November 06, 2001: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Back