Tires and suppliers

G

Folks,

Somewhere in my travels I've lost all my book marks to tire suppliers. Trying to refurbish the budgetary estimate. Anmyone have a good supplier?

Have used 17" 295 and 335 Dunlop SP8000's on the Cobra. Like them. Was curious abt Summitomo's ... I remember them being very reasonable and highly rated.

6210 will have Gulf flares and I expect to run 335's on the rear. Anyone have any strong feelings on the subject of tires?

thanks,

G

I MIGHT SUGGEST THAT YOU LOOK AT MICHELON PILOTS. I NOW HAVE THEM ON MY IMPALA AND LOVE THEM, DIFFERENT RIDE NOW. ALSO, MANY OF THE PARTICIPANTS AT RUN AND GUN RAN THE PILOTS. THEY ALSO LOVED THEM.

TIRERACK.COM ALSO HAS A TEST OF THE NEW B.F. GOODRICH TIRES THAT OUT PERFORM THE MICHELONS. YOU MIGHT CHECK THERE.

ON THE GT40 I AM GOING TO RUN THOSE SORRY OLD PIRRELI P ZEROS SINCE IT WILL BE DRIVEN IN THE RAIN SO MUCH
grin.gif
grin.gif

YEH RIGHT!

JAY

This is a follow-up to Mike's question on tires.

Most of the cars here are intened for street use, with an occasional trip to the track. Right? And, none of these cars would ever be driven in the rain. Right?

What about using Goodyear racing tires?
shocked.gif

I've attached their racing website if it's of any interest.

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA
tongue.gif
http://www.racegoodyear.com/race_tires.html

Ron Earp

Admin
I'd hate to get caught in the rain with slicks. But, there are some rain tires on the site - how would those compare with say standard sticky street tires?

Ron

G

Guys,

Once upon a long time ago, I had a car called a Turner fitted with Dunlop dry racing tires. This miniCobra was wonderful in the dry ... but even morning dew on the street made it a missle with little control. Was a VERY scarey ride!

Unless dry tires have considerably improved performance in the wet ... this is something I'd not do!

Mike

You're right. I sometimes get carried away. Since driving conditions on teh street are unpredicatable, it would be like Russian roulette with pure race tires.

I did however, find some Yokohama Advan A032R tires that are deigned for the track, but have an 8/32 tread on them to make DOT legal.

I believe Wayne Presley has these on his CAV GT40.

Hope everyone has fun at Willow Springs this weekend
grin.gif

Bill D

Back