Floors

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I am not sure what types of floors other cars have, but my DRB has a "corrugated" pressed steel floor as per the original. I intend to fill the channels inside the car with high density foam, but am wondering what you guys recommend as a covering (so that I get a flat floor) - aluminium, flat fibreglass sheeting, etc ? Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Peter D.

Hi Peter

Are you going to carpet the inside? If you are, I would just use a high quality, high density underlayment.

If not, sheet aluminum would work best with the foam sandwiched in between. You should be able to fasten the aluminum to the frame with rivets.

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA
cool.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Bill - I am going to put underlay & carpet down, but was wondering what to level the "ripple" floor with first.

Hi Peter

A real thick underlayment and thick carpeting should level the ripple. You might be able to feel some ripple, but only in bare feet. You shouldn't be able to feel anything with shoes on.

The added benefit of thick underlayment/carpet would be additional noise insulation.

Hope this helps.

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA
grin.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Bill - If I use a fairly stiff HD foam in the channels, it should provide a quite solid base for the underlay & carpet as you suggest. Thanks mate !

Peter D.

Back