Tornado Sports Cars GT40 Replicas

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Our company is Tornado Sports cars and our GT40 replica is called the TS40. We have been producing the TS40 since 1986 and are
longest established producer of GT40 replicas. Some of you may have had problems dealing with our US agent Tornado USA based in Meriden CT and for that reason all US orders are now being handled direct by our export department in England. We can supply all parts required to complete an authentic replica from a basic body/chassis unit to the last screw, washer or bolt. Many of our items are suitable for other GT40 replicas and we are happy to advise on suitability.
If you require any further information please let me know.

Thanks

G

Andy

I did receive literature from your company and your (ex) dealer in the US and was
dismayed at what I perceived to be too large
of a dealer markup. Will Tornado sell into the US at the same prices you sell elsewhere?

Also, Do you have a website with latest specs
and prices?

Thanks

MikeD

G

Andy,

Very happy to see you on the forum.

Several folks have bought parts from you for their already acquired non Tornado GT40's. Glad you don't mind helping us out.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Andy,

Glad to see that you made it on the forum. Also nice to see that you're selling your cars direct - you will have much better reponse. A lot of us here on the board looked at Tornado while researching GT40s but lost interest when the US dealer turned out to be very unhelpful. I think myself, Bob, Hershal, Mike, Lynn, Ira, and a bunch of others were put off by the fellow.

Ron

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Hello Ron/MikeD/MikeS

Dealers just seem to add complications.
The customer gets all information secondhand and pays a mark up for the privilege.
We are dealing direct to remove the dealer and price mark up and so that customers can communicate direct with the manufacturer.
All US pricing will be as our normal ex works prices plus shipping at cost.
Full brochures and parts/price lists are available direct for $10.

Thanks

Andy

G

Andy

Sorry, Brain fade on my part.
What is your E-mail address.
Do you have an active website?
Thx

MikeD

G

Andy,

I note with some frustration that you have taken down your web page and the parts price list that used to be there.

Might you help us understand the driving force for having done that?

thanks,

G

I believe the web site was hosted by the US agent. With them gone, the web site is gone too. Is this right Andy?

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Hello All

The Web site was run entirley by Tornado USA and has now been removed. We are having our own site constructed at the moment.I doubt there will be a full parts list due to continual price changes on the 164 or so items we sell.

Thanks

Andy

G

Andy,

Ahh! I now understand. Please excuse my frustration. After with US dealer, I was probably primed to be inappropriately sensitive.

My apologies,

G

Andy, I bought a set of headlights from Tornado. What I would like to know is where I can get replacement bulbs when that becomes necessary. I am concerned because the box the bulbs came in had "One Off" on the box.
Thanx, Lynn

G

I tried to contact the Meriden Ct Tornado Dist Last year. Totally useless. I asked if people really plop down that kind of money without seeing one. He said he was just an importer and carried no parts. Ilive in Connecticut about 20 minutes from Meriden. He told me there was no need to stop by. He owned some kind of business Possibly plumbing and was not really thrilled about selling kits. I have a deposit on an ERA GT40 also 20 minutes away.
LLoyd

Back