CAV monocoque

G

Just got the latest today
Chassis: Monocoque material 304 stainless.
gas tanks (2) 12 gal rubber bag tanks.Whells halibrand pin type. Body: epoxy carbon fibre/kevlar with built in side impact and roll over protection. Style GT40 mk 1, will accept various engines 289,302,347,351 and 427 big block. Trans axle, new audi 5 speed 0124 gertrag or zf5ds25. Air conditioning. Leather seats. Original switches and gauges. Comes complete all you need is your engine. This car is fully assembled and painted. I believe it will be $ 70,000. They will still make the spaceframe skinned car for $55,900.I hope this will help those people that are looking to buy a GT40. I would have gone into greater detail, however I have a lot of pain with a broken rib.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Malcome,
At Roaring Forties we are working at producing a monocoque for sale. It will be a FULL monocoque with roof etc made of 18 swg steel (as original) or aluminium. This project is a year or so away but will have ALL the correct bitz on it, steering , brakes , engines and gearboxes(ZF). I hope to follow on with the Safire cars or to match the outstanding work done by Holman and Moody. The first car is well under way but I am more interested in the quality of the end product than any time line. I am thinking of bringing the tub to Knotts Berry Farm next year for a preview.
Best wishes, Robert

HI ALL

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL MONOCOQUE
fe11ff53.jpg

fdfa5678.jpg

fdfa5665.jpg

[ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]
fdfa562c.jpg

[ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

WOW, what a frame!! Is that SSTL or aluminum? Just think that car, with an all aluminum 427 engine with stack EFI, 6-speed tansaxle, and 15" brakes would be unbeatable at the track or at the show.

If my portfolio turns around in my lifetime, I'm going that route.

Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

G

If it's an original tub (looks like it)
then it's mild steel (rust city!).

I know Safir made an aluminum tub.
Very light, but questionable for street use.

MikeD

Hello, RF !
Do you got any pics to show of your monocoque?

Chris Melia, can you consider to help with these original monocoque pics in the post ?
I can not "see" them !

Thanks,

Regards

Thanks Chris and Clayton !

Chris !, what cars are the photos of ?
If you got the info...
Thanks,

Regards,
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif