Any real GT40 owners out there lurking ?

I was kinda hoping that by now there would be an owner of the real McCoy contributing here. I really would love to here about an owners opinion of the car. I read a lot of books about it and watched videos but it's not like from the a guy that has one.
It would be nice to see someone post pictures of the real car so we can see some details that you don't see in the books.
So if your are out there please jump in and share with us GT40 crazies.
grin.gif

I for one will be extremely greatful.

Hersh
smile.gif

Gheacock,
Thank you ! Thank you !!!
I now have those pictures in my special folder. They are great. I already see a couple of things I would like to do to my GT. The location of those hood pins helped me alot.
Gheacock, don't stop now ! More more more !!

Hersh
smile.gif

ok... you better have a fast modem. BTW, I have about 40 picts of all the little bits of this car. Let me know if you are looking for a particular area. Greg

fe1ef52e.jpg.orig.jpg

fe1ef53e.jpg.orig.jpg

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: gheacock ]

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: gheacock ]

Gheacock,
I would love to have a shot of the front area with the front open. I want to see the front bulkhead area and the master cylinders.

Thanks again,
Hersh
smile.gif

Gheacock,
Thank you so much ! That is exactly what I wanted. I see now that I can also put my fire system up front. These replicas are really similar in some respects but are very different in other ways. My stablizer bar is in the same place that the steering rack is on this car. My rack is lower and behind the bulkhead.

Hersh
smile.gif

I've been reviewing old posts to get "up to speed" on what's already been discussed and found this one.

Any chance of getting these pics to work again? Any "real" GT40 owners posting now?

Rob 00gt

i just had a tinker and got the missing shots. If you can not see them now, right click the Imagestation logo and copy the site address without htp// post it into your search box and press go.

Chris

PS. Large size photo's from Imagestation
don't always work on the forum.
Also let the download finish before you move the menu drag box.

[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Hi guys:
Just found out about your group and registered a week or so ago. Finding it very interesting.
I have owned AM-2 (One of two Alan Mann light weight Mk I's)for about 17 years.
Looking forward to participating.
Jack (Driven)
r0100351.jpg

I am the owner of MK-IV J6 the Donohue/Mclaren car that finished fourth overall at LeMans in 1967. There is a picture of my car on the MK-IV thread. The car is described in the newer version of Dave Hodges' book correctly and as J5 in many other books. J6 is street registered and I drive it often. I also own an ex Donohue Lola T70 canam car rebodied as a coupe which is also street legal. I am in the process of restoring an ex David Piper Ferrari P4 as well. I realize I am very luckly to own these cars and love driving them. I'm happy to answer any questions.

This is awsome guys !
Welcome to the forum. It's a real treat for
me to know that there are several original
GT40 owners that come to this forum.
whether we have real or replicas, the love of
the car is the same. You guys posess the
library from which we can obtain valuable
information about this car.
Already Jack Rowse has helped me with a few
issues. He was kind enough to send me
pictures of the areas in question
taken from his GT40, They
helped me a great deal.
So welcome again Driven and Mark IV J6.
I look forward to some interesting discussions.
I do hope the day comes when there will
be a gathering of real and replica GT's.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hello, Driven !

I for one would be very glad if you had more pics or info about the AM2 to share !
Interesting...

Regards,

Driven,

I've seen a photo of an Alan Mann MKI with snorkels on the rear. That isn't yours is it? My friend who owns #1054 (MKI) has them on his and I plan on using them on my MKI replica (Pantera based). Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your photo posting.

MK-IV J6,

That's awesome to have a part of the Lemans history. I used to own the tail section of #1046, the 1966 Lemans winner (I returned it to the car in Wisconsin in a trade a few years back). Would you be able to email me a photo of your MKIV?

Thanks GT40 guys,

John Stone
[email protected]

Hi John:
I bought one of your CD's on eBay: That's how I learned of this forum!
In answer to your question: Yes, both AM1 and AM2 originally had snorkels on the rear section, but my car no longer has them. I'll try to respond to M.B.'s request with a little more info later and explain the story. In the meantime:
r0100347.jpg
r0100348.jpg
r0100349.jpg

Back