Roaring Forties ECU

I was just curious as to how the MoTeC unit is programmed/setup in the RF GT40s (if optioned).
Is a laptop used, or is there a small console as in the Wolf 3D system?
And if a laptop is used, does RF provide the adequate software to program the unit?
Thanks in advance,
Adrian

When buying the MoTeC it comes with all the software needed to run the program on a laptop. With the newer systems running coil packs for the ignition, everything is controlled through the MoTeC computer. It is the most tunable system I've ever seen. I have the system on the car here and I like it a lot. if you have more questions give Robert a call at RF.

grin.gif

Hi there -
We use a Motec M48 Advanced system over here on Roy Smarts GTD-40. The car has run injection for several years now under Accel management with 8*62mm Kinsler throttle bodies but this year, we prepared an all Aluminium block from Joe Fontana. To complement the block which has been bored and stroked, we installed the Motec system with 8 Bosch coils keeping HT Leads very Short and Tidy! The car has been transformed and has more than adequate power thus far as we compete in Sprints and Hillclimbs over here, steering on the throttle is proving great fun, especially on slicks. Tuning was easily performed, mainly by track testing and tweeking with a laptop whilst in motion which is NOT easy round Goodwood on a fast lap but very rewarding in the end. A dyno visit is anticipated in near future although our particular installation would probably lend itself to a rolling road more easily. Next on list - Dry Sump!

Back