GTD 40 Car Club Membership Reminder

G

Ok Ok its obvious! I saw the GT40 Enthusiast Club reminder notice and thought what a good idea!

So to remind GTD 40 Car Club members and anyone who wants to join our club (you don't need to be a GTD owner to join) please note that the membership year is running out come the end of December (although you can join any time during the year too!).

Membership for the next year is £30 for both UK and overseas members. For this you will get a quarterley magazine (last issue had 56 A4 sized pages, average is over 40 pages) with details of events, write ups of past events with photos, a massive spares database, technical articles, competition reports and even the editors dubious humour outbursts! Available through the club (a small but fair charge is made) are photo cd's (current one with over 1000 images), annual video (UK format only at present but current year video is approx 2 hr 45 mins long and in the first ten or so minutes alone Andrew Fordyce has spun off with his on board video running!) and some club memorabilia.

The club organisies an annual track day (next year we are going to try for two track days) at Goodwood Motor Circuit (if a member your entry discount often covers the whole of your annual sub to the club!) plus approximately 10 hill climb and sprint entries all over the UK.

Upon availability and occaisionally in conjunction with the GT40 Enthusiasts Club events are organised at places of interest for example this year there was a visit to Ray Mallock (RML 40 and Saleens) and Beaulieu Motor Museum.

So if the above is of interest to you and YOU STILL DON'T HAVE TO BE A GTD OWNER TO JOINplease contact

Roy Smart
Poulters Hall
Plain Road
Marden
Nr Tonbridge
Kent
TN12 9LS
UK

tel: ++44 (0)208 692 1074
fax: ++44 (0)208 692 2954

Standing Order forms now also available.

Payment of £30 only acceptable in Sterling so for overseas members ONLY please call Paul Thompson on ++44 1420 488667 for credit card paymentss or email him at [email protected] but do not put your credit card details to that email address as it isn't secure!

Cheques payable to

GTD 40's Car Club Only.

The above telephone numbers are work numbers so please take office hours and any time zones into consideration.

Any queries please post to this forum site and I will do my best to answer them.

Malcolm M
Competition Secretary to GTD 40s Car Club

A picture says a thousand words - if this works!!
GTD-40%20Club%20Line-up%20@%20Goodwood%202001.JPG

GTD-40 Club Trackday @ Goodwood Aug 2001 - Fronted by Ray Christopher (GTD Designer/Founder)

For more GT-40 Pics / details - contact me via link below:-
[email protected]

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: P Thompson ]

To All,
I have been a stateside member of the GTD-40 Club for several years now and what I have been getting in return from my membership dues far exceeds reasonable expectations, yes even over here in the states.
My friends in the UK have been working GT-40 replica for quite some time now, I have seen newsletters from as far back as the early '90's.
I joined specifically to try to get some support during my build process and gain an understanding of what modifications have been done to their cars to enhance performance. From a technical perspective I am now very confident that I can build an extreemly fast, excellent handling, durable and safe replica.
The technical articles that I have read in the club mag include discussions of: tires, brakes, exhaust, carburation, clutch, transmissions, cooling and how to outfit the car to meet safety regulations. If you are scratching your head over something, I'm sure the problem has already been tackled.
I now have over a thousand pictures of GT-40 replica and maybe three hours of video.
Lastly, I have been doing a fine job of harvesting parts from the "for sale" board. Althought I have to admit, shipping parts can be expensive. I need to find somebody in the Imports/Exports business to work a deal with.
If you are building anybody's replica, I think becoming a member of the GTD-40 club will be worth your while.
Brian

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: Brian ]

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey M,

I'd like to join up, I traveled a lot and forgot about doing so last year. I can also post some scans of the mags you sent me for others to look at too, if allowable. Might get people interested.

Anyhow, my question is - can you guys in the UK cash US checks? I don't think so. Therefore, how can we get payment to you if credit cards are a no-no as well?

R

Ron, Call Paul Thompson at the number indicated above, the GTD club takes plastic, just does not advise using unsecure email servers to send credit card info. Brian

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Brian ]

G

To update this reminder notice, the club are prepping the next mag for issue soon(ish). If you don't pay your subs, you won't get another so contact Roy now.
Malcolm

Back