ZF transaxles

Hi Roy

If you have the tranlation please e-mail me or post the info thanks.
PS are you Roy Smart? if so I have some info for you.

G

Make sure that these are not ZFs as used in the BMW M1. I almost bought one of these. They have newer (upgraded) synchros, but the input shaft is thinner than the ones used in the DeTamaso and carry a lower torque rating. Also, I have heard of some of these on opening from the factory crates have the upper parts of the gear cluster completely unusable from rust as a result of sitting for YEARS.

Hello, !
M1´s were used on the MkV´s !...
It is rightside turned from the start.
Has the proper top plate and rear cover.
Stronger casing.
Stronger gears.
Better suited gearing.
It was ancient Pantera boxes that had been sitting for years that started this bad rep.
But any clever Guy/Girl should know that after a certain amount of time, especially a long time engines gearboxes etc needs to be dismantled and checked.

Just a few friendly notes....

Hi all

just to follow up on this I went to Germany and got my ZF DS25/2 box along with a
Pantera gear stick all for £3200.

PS Roy have you got hold of a ZF yet?

regards Chris
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Hi Chris,
Im still looking, Ill run the renault 21T this year and hopefully fit a ZF next year-plenty of time to look!

Hey Roy, the Renault 21 turbo box is a very very good unit. If you want to strengthen it a bit more, just add the 2 extra spider gears to the diff or get an old Renault 30 (which has the 4 spiders) and just swap the diffs over. You wont have any trouble holding onto 400+ hp.
smile.gif

Back