What do you think of my GT40?

I own a business that does custom t-shirts and I just got this design done. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

standard.jpg

Please don't take offense at my remark, but I don't like it. While the exaggerated, puffed up image may work well for muscle cars and pickup trucks, the GT40 looks so good just sitting still that invoking artistic license like that just makes it look homely. I recommend you render it in as exact detail as possible and let the design speak for itself. Make mine white with blue stripes.
smile.gif

My $0.02.

G

PARDON MY TEXAS SLANG, BUT DAT DANG THANG LOOKS LIKE A YELLER AND BLACK FOOTBALL.

ACK!!! GAG!!!

REMINDS ME OF A BIG DADDY ROTH DRAWIN IN COLOR. WHERE'S DA RAT FINK DRIVIN?

JUST MA 2 CENTS.

JAY

It is amazing when someone can put 6 hours into creating something, people can't just say "it's not my thing". No they have to go over board with slamming it to the ground. Have a little class guys.

G

Jason

Sorry, but you're dealing with HARDCORE
enthusiasts here! Like asking the French
if we can add a moustache to the Mona Lisa!

Try the Cobra Forum. See if you get a more
appreciative response. If not, you might
want to reconsider your approach.
Maybe the car just isn't well know enough.

Good luck

MikeD

G

i would stretch it a little and not make it as tall. the 40 has a slender figure so if you keep that i think you will have a good looking design.

just my .02

luis

HELLO JASON,

PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED BUT - YOU ASKED "JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT ABOUT IT".

I THINK IT LOOKS RATHER LIKE A LATE MODEL VW - BEETLE THAT GOT ITSELF CAUGHT IN THE SCREEN DOOR.

I'D REALLY LIKE TO GET SOME TEE SHIRTS THAT HAVE A NICELY DONE GT-40 ON THEM.

BTW - YOU SHOULD SEE SOME OF THE COMMENTS THAT I GET ON SOME OF MY "MARKETING IDEAS".

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK

G

Your artwork and skill are very evident; however, I'm in agreement about the shape. You might consider bringing her back closer to normal proportions, and try playing around with the front--as in, this car will bite whatever's in its way?

Best of luck,

Tom T.

G

This is a take on the remake by ford, so as far as I'm concerned you can do whatever you want with it!

That said I agree with the others. One of the primary aspects of the GT40 design is that it's roof line is LOW to the ground, heck it makes a vette look like an SUV.

Try keeping the basic proportions but slamming the ground clearance. Or at most give it a little chop and channel.

good talent/work though, I assume it's digital?

G

WOW, I THINK I JUST GOT MY HAND SLAPPED OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. JASON, WHEN I GET THROUGH WITH THE GT40 I'M BUILDING THAT I HAVE OVER 1,OOO HOURS IN CREATING THEN YOU CAN TELL ME IT LOOKS LIKE WHATEVER YOU THINK.

MY OLD WHITE HAIRED MAMMY ALWAYS TOLD ME "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR THE ANSWER, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION."

BLACKJACK, MY FRIEND. GOOD TO SEE YOU IN HERE. HOPE THINGS ARE GOING BETTER FOR YOU.
SHHHHHH ON THE RAKI STUFF IN HERE. THESE GUYS WOULDN'T UNDESTAND
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

INSIDE JOKE FROM DVSF GUYS, NO OFFENSE.

JAY

I also make shirts and from a fellow printer it's time to rework the design. I've done a GT40 shirt for Gordon Levy's shop and they are made from photos of real cars,a cobra, a daytona and of course a GT40(all of which he sells)and all look great. Go back to the basics and try it again. I think you'll like it better that way.
John
PS If you'd like to buy a design I'll sell one to you.
smile.gif

Then I guess you would know an answer I need. I don't prefer these types of designs personally. I just figured that if you do anything close to realistic that you would get sued for Copyright. What do you guys do?

Jason, I owned a sign business for 23yrs. I have cut my share of screens for T-shirts and the likes. I had a six color manual silk screen machine. It served me well. It was really fun when I got the new photo films and you didn't have to cut each screen by hand. With computors this has really become
a whole new industry. I loved the design aspect but didn't care to much for the screen burning and running. A good design sells period. I see gobbs of talent in your work. Sometimes it takes many tries before you hit the right design. If you were trying to do something similar to the little cartoon type cobra then you are on the right track. I think with a little more tweeking it will work. Don't take the critisism to heart but take the suggestions and see if you can incorporate them into the design.
Don't stop showing us your efforts cause I would enjoy seeing it transform.

Hersh
smile.gif

I like it, It may not be everyones cup of tea, but definitely mine. I consider myself hardcore and sure the original shape is just marvalous, but these drawing are supposed to be humorous, heck if you can`t laugh at yourself who can you laugh at
grin.gif

Fred P.

Here are some of my other works. Nobody has answered my copyright question yet though. Any of you professionals out there know?
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Oh and the green one feels at home on this site. After watching a show on the history channel on GT40's I drew that one. I hope you like these better.

Back