Old MK IV Photos

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Some old pictures I took of chassis' J-11 and J-12 at Autokraft in 1985. These were leftover spares from Kar Kraft and were never originally numbered. I recall there was a "discussion" over which car would be J-12.

Coulda bought one "cheap" at the time....of course cheap is a relative term and I couldn't afford one then either.
Neverless the cars were neat an it was a surpise on my business trip to Autokraft to come across some Ford history.

Rick
~rcmuck

mark
how to paste pics on to the forum.
go to http://www.imagestation.com it is a free image hosting service. Setup an account, follow the instructions to upload your images.
Once you have uploaded them, moved them to an 'album' follow the instructions.

you are then ready to link them to messages fourm/site (and on other boards). To find out the URL view the image in the ablum you want to post,
right click over it and
select properties,
in the window that comes up. highlight url code
right click, then copy
open forum
write mesage
click images
window will open at top
click on it
now right click
then paste

hope it works
regards dick townsend

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
confused.gif

Thanks you guy´s...

Chris !, i can only see 1 MkIV on top and under neath the front page of the MkV brochure.

Thanks, and regards,
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Oops, !!!

Now i can see a third one !
MkIV...
Was there more under the red markings or..
Only me, to fast ?

Regards,

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I only have found the three pictures of the Mk IVs at Brooklands. At the time I took these (1985) Angliss was not really working on the cars as he mwas looking for customers for them and was really busy cranking out ACs.

As you may be aware one of these went to Rod Leach (Nostalgia) and is painted white with stripes. I was surprised that Brian sold one to Leach as he constantly griped about Rod being a "wanker" although Rod was a good customer of Autokraft and purchased several cars from Angliss.

I also picked up the GT 40 Mk V brochure on the same trip. I had met Peter Thorp the previous year and eventually arranged the purchase of a Mk V from him for a friend.

Like walking into a time machine back to Slough and FAV to see at the time no less that 5 Gts under construction in Weybridge.

COOL!!!

Rick

Heelo, !

Thanks MkIV and Chris Melia !
Great pics...
MkIV did you take any pics at Safir´s ?.....
Like an addict...

Regards,
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Sorry,

No pictures from Safir. I was going to go back the next day for pictures but got sidelined at Autokraft and Peter was not available after that. I was sorry that I could not shoot the works and Jim Rose who was putting the cars together.

Rick

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Mark IV ]

Back