WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF A TORNADO BRAND?

One available. Just took a ride in a local ERA GT-40. Hooked!
Opinions appreciated.

Hi Chip
I have a Tornado brought as a turn key car as I did not have the patience or the time to build one.
I have had the car 18 months and the only trouble I have is Slight broblem with the drivetrain, (gearbox) the kit is first class and provided it is assembled properly ( mine was assembled by a prefectionist on the South coast of England) should provide Years trouble free motoring.
I will e-mail you a picture of my car as I have't worked out to post pictures yet.
Let me know what you think !
Ian

Hope this helps! The red car is Ian's Tornado
the guy is Mr Ronnie Spain

fe108932.jpg.orig.jpg

Thanks Chris
What would we do without you
Ian.
P.S are you going to Brooklands in two weeks.

Ron Earp

Admin
You should contact Andrew Sheldon of Tornado. He is in the UK and handling all of the business directly as far as I know. Nice fellow it seems and can supply turnkeys.

In fact, I know that you're researching GT40s and looking at a number of companies. All of them, to my knowledge, will supply turnkeys and turnkey minuses - even if they do not directly advertise it. Therefore, you'll have to call around a lot to get the complete picture. Take care,

Ron

I really like the twin round headlights (as opposed to single 'square') on Ians car & the extra driving lights where the indicators normally sit look great.

Does anyone know what car these lights are taken from?

Julian
I'm glad you like my light set-up, I have a confession to make the twin headlights are infact rectangular lights with a blanking plate in front of the lens, (thought I'd spill the beans before Roy Snook grasses me up)I brought the car with these fitted and quite like the look, although the purists might frown on the modification.
I do not seem to suffer from to much light loss as these are for dipped beam only, on main beam both sets of lights work.
The lights in the indicator cowls are Ceibe driving lights.
The car when brought was fitted with a rear spoiler but that's another story !!!
Ian

If you hadn't of removed the spoiler- I would have removed it at our club meet while you were in the pub at Bullington cross on club night Ian! Spoiler on a 40-!!!!! People have been hung, drawn and quartered for less!

How tall is the gent standing beside the car? He looks taller than me so if he fits comfortably then I'm not worried about my size. 6 2 at 250.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
The gent standing next to my car is in fact Ronnie Spain who attended our A.G.M last year as guest speaker for the evening bash.
I'm not quite sure of his exact dimensions but I think he is in excess of 6ft, I did offer him a go in my car but he declined worried that if he got in, he was unsure that he would be unable to get out!!!
Shame really the man who is probably the greatest authority on the marque cannot even get in one.
Ian

G

Chip, if you are talking about the Tornado that Dan White is selling on the forum, Dan is a straight shooter. If you ask him about the project, I am sure he will tell it exactly like it is. He stopped by my house during a nationwide GT40 hunt. I think he visited every GT40 manufacturer or dealer in the US, so he has seen quite a few. As I recall he was an A&P (airframe and powerplant) mechanic, so he gets it.

Back