Does anyone in Texas have a completed GT40 or one under construction?

Hello again,

If it's not to much trouble I'd like to see one in person. I'm close to Austin, but DFW, Houston, San Antonio is not to far. I'll go further if needed. I promise not to touch, drool, breath on, or kick any tires. I work by mental image and I would just like to see one or a few before I dive in. If no one is comfortable with this or available I'll take as many pics as anyone wants to send me of GT40's in buildup. I'm on cable modem so feel free to flood my E-mail with pics. There are a few good pics online, but not enough.

Thanks,
Shane

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Shane Lowrance ]

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Shane Lowrance ]

Shane, Contact Paul Thompson of the GTD club, his contacts are posted in these threads. The GTD club have produced a few photo CDs of replica in all stages of construction and racing conditions. I'd bet there are over a thousand photos on them. Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
There are two in Dallas - Bob's Roaring Forties and Jay's Sabre. Maybe they'll respond and make the cars available.

Ron

G

Hey, my door us open to all that want to see. Actually, we plan to fire this beast up probably weekend after next. You are more than welcome to come as is everyone. It will be posted here and other sites as well. If I ever learn how to post pics here I will or if you would like i can send you some. Let me know by email and I will send you the pics and my phone number also.

Bob only lives about 30 minutes from me so you can get a dose of two cars for the price of one.

Jay

p.s. Look Ron, no caps!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
HOT DAMN JAY! Now this is an occasion to use caps!
smile.gif

I am sorry I didn't get to come over a few weekends again when I was in Dallas but I was short on time. I was able to stop by Bob's for about one hour, that was it. I will be back in a month or two, I'd love to take a look at the car. Good luck on the start up - may your rings break in and your cam lobes not get wiped clean.

Does it have an exhaust on it or just firing straight out of the ports?

R

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

G

I have the Roaring Forties car under constuction here in Dallas. You are more than welcome to come and see it, and then we can go to Jay's house and help him drink his beer.

G

Ron, Jay has one of the very rare complete exhaust systems.

Hi Shane
Brian's spot on - the Club CDROM has over 1000 quality digital images of mainly GTD40's at various locations including many close-up's.

cost? £8 to club members / £12 to non-club members (+ postage at cost if non UK)

mail me if you are interested.
[email protected]

DVD / Movie action may be available soon if anyone is interested.

regards

PaulT
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Ah ha! So, there are complete systems running around and recently delivered. I'm all for heading over to Jay's and drinking his beer - Jay, can you post sound files or videos of that thing firing up? How did it go?

R

G

Jay,

PLEASE post mpegs, jpegs, and sound files as possible.

Thanks!

G

FIRING PARTY IS GOING TO BE EITHER ON THE 16TH OR 17TH. WILL SET THE TIME AND DATE TOMORROW. TRYING TO GET AS MANY PEOPLE HERE AS POSSIBLE.

JAY

Back