panoramic photos of GT40 groups

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Okay,gentlemen, I have ordered these from the Lotus dude in New York, Tony Vaccaro. They are due in in a few days. I don't have the ability to scan them in but I will report on how fast they show up, what the quality is, and what the service was like ordering them.
I have seen pano photos made using the Cirkut camera before, and they are usually extremely sharp and clear since the print is not an enlargement but a contact print from this huge negative that the camera makes. I will post some information when they arrive.
And, if they don't arrive, you can bet I'll post that, too.
Jim R

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim,

Tony is friend of mine and in fact, I think I was the turkey that posted his name. If he does not deliver, let me know and I will kick his butt. Hey, I was near Annapolis today, drove from Philly area to BWI to get the cheap flight to Buffalo.

Rick

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Howdy all; panoramic photos of GT40s arrived today and I can report they are very nice indeed, well worth the cost ($90 the pair) and the rather brief wait. They appear to be the same photo setups as were in John Allen's book, with the proviso that you get to see more because of the nature of the camera, the cars are CLOSE to the lens. Color is beautiful, sharp , clear and nicely lit. These, framed, will be the ideal thing to put over my desk so I can stare at them and avoid looking at the desk itself- and everything on it. I'd recommend them to one and all and no I do not get a commission...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Addendum to previous post: the address on the web for Tony Vaccaro seems to be www.drivingclothes.com; try that if you're interested in the pictures.
Does anyone know of a calendar that has only pictures of GT40s in it, or did I ask that already?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
From the shameless commerce division.....

The correct web address is: www.drivingclothes.com

I am wearing the driving pants as I type...wait, those would be TYPING pants.

Anyhow, Tony can suply the GT 40 panoramic pix. I have the 1989 Watkins Glen picture hanging in my office. Think about it, if every car in the picture revved to redline and dropped the clutch, the earths rotation would change!

Rick
shocked.gif

Back