GT-40 MOVIES

EVERYONE knows about LeMans with Steve McQueen. Does ANYONE remember "A Man and A Woman" Believe it was french. Woman worries about her significant male who is a race driver. Great scenes of 2 GT-40s on a high bank track. Does anyone have either or both of these? I would like a copy. Would pay for postage etc. Chip in Atlanta

Chip,
I have "lemans"...but I do not have " A Man and a Woman", and if I did my wife would throw it away when she found it due to it's misleading title. I do have a video of several laps (in-car) of a ride I took in the Lemans winner gt40 p1046 at Road America.Very amaturish, with the camera (I was holding it) bouncing around. Pretty neat.
The yellow Mk IV (j4 ?)Sebring winner will be doing some parade laps at this years 12 hour race, and I can also take some in car footage if anybody would be interested ...as my buddy also owns this car.

Go to my site: www.gt40.org.uk and look under the Media section. To buy a copy, click one of the amazon links at the bottom of the front page. Video is available both in UK and US.
smile.gif

Chip, you can get the video of le mans with Steve McQueen on nstc video, by cbs fox (20th century selections) cat no 7156, 106 mins play.

The film 'man and a woman' there is only one GT40 (i think it's the Ford of France car)the Gt40 spot is 5 mins long. good shots on the banking at times with a Mustang.

Hi Richard its good to see you on the forum at last
how about posting some pictures of your car build so far, as it must be the most intense build in the known world
bests regards
Dick
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

speedvision had on the other day the 1976 monterry historics, a lot of gt 40 footage was on. silly me click on right as it was ending.

Hi Guys, That film "a Man And a Woman" I was up late one night and was compelled to watching that movie, I had no idea why i was watching it, just had to. Then as i was falling asleep to the mindless French banter this guy goes to test drive a Ford France GT40. Well I woke right up then! There was also a Ford France mustang burning round. There was not much footage, maybe ten mins, but i had taped it. Only problem is I have nearly 600 tapes and they are not all labelled. When I find it, I will let all know. If you're still struggling for a copy, I could tape copy it when ive located it.
All the best

Mark Sibley
P.S. When the new Bond movie comes out, you can see my Gulf car getting trashed by large caliber machine gun, that's refreshing isn't it?

Back