Registering your GT40 Replica

Ron Earp

Admin
For those you you wanting to use Titles Unlimited in AL to register your GT40 replica you might best consider doing it shortly. They have indicated that after March 28th it may not be possible for them to register replicas as the year model that they represent.

I do not have a lot of details about this, but I do know that I'm submitting my paper work immediately as in NC it is the only chance I have to get a road going GT40 replica as a 65.

There are other methods but they involve physically taking the car to other friendly states, such as Nevada, and actually registering it there and then bringing it back.

Ron

Ron,

Although they are more expensive than Titles
Unlimited,U.S. Title Service in Rochester N.Y, offers the same service. Their quote for a GT40 replica (1965)was $349.00. Both services work the same way, with the paperwork being done by mail, and the car still in your garage.

Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
Some folks over the the Cobra Forum have indicated that U.S. Title Service actually uses the AL system, then once that is done they take the AL result through NY to produce the paper work for you. I do not know if this is how it works or not. I asked US Titles and they said no, but I figured they'd say that anyway as I was asking them to compare with Titles Unlimited.

If true then that would suggest they'll be affected as well since the states of AL might change the way the titles are created.

Ron

Ron,

International Title Service in Las Vegas

offers similar titling services.

There are a few states that will issue a

title based on a bill of sale. If Alabama

does outlaw this practice, there will still

be other options.

Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
Update - paperwork has received and I'll be posting the results of my experiences in NC shortly. More to follow...

R

G

I have done a little checking on this. ITS also uses Alabama. The lady at Titles Unlimited said they would still be processing titles, just not Cobras. When asked "oh, then a GT40 is OK?" She replied, "We will still be doing titles, just not anything we think is a kit car." So, if the outfits in other states that provide this service are clever, they will probably still be able help us, IMHO. We shall see.

G

Called ITS today, they said their door is open for business! Cheaper than TU and you don't have to drive to Nevada.

Back