Newbie in Florida looking to build a GT40, need references.

Ed, I have a list of contacts that might help you. It goes back to Sept. so it might be a little dated.

Phill & Liz Ware of New Zeland-philgt40.co.nz or web page
They supply what you "need" and you supply the rest.

Peter Ranson- [email protected] He supplies the DRB units.

Bob Lacey- [email protected] He has the CAV units and is trying to open up a division in FLA. last I heard. He can also be reached @ 858-720-0463 or 858-342-3246. I think those are San Diego #'s.

Gordon Levy- [email protected] He has the Roaring Forties out of Az.

John Hester- [email protected] He has the Blue Oval Performance Products GT 40 that used to be Sabre Automotive. He's looking for a new location. Right now he's in Columbus Ohio. Supposedly he will have a demo unit ready for Knott's Berry, Carlisle,Columbus Spring Fling and Run & Gun this summer.You might reach him @ 614-539-7095

Tornado?? -tornadoconnix.com Although I am not sure they are still around.

LSClassic- [email protected] Thier unit is a stretched version of the GT40.
shocked.gif

Lee- [email protected] theirs is rather expensive if I remember right.

This is my first response to the forum, so I apologise if the information is not 100%correct or written in the correct format

I think however, that you will find "anything" you wanted to know about the GT-40 and then some on this forrum. Lots of luck.
Bill

Hello gang.
I recently viewed a CAV GT40 and my wife fell in love. She wants one more than I do so now I must do my homework!

Are there any GT40 owners in the Florida area who can spend some time with me and answer questions?

I'm looking into the GTD and RF GT40s.
Any other recommendations for a guy who is willing to spend $50K for a non-turn key car.

I want to do the build as a project rather than buy a turn key.

What have been recent hang-ups with any of the manufacturers?
I have so many questions at this time so I will leave them till later.
Contacts in the Florida area?

Thanks for your time in answering my questions.
Ed

Boy ! that was quick Ed.
You will likely find all you need to know about these cars on this site.
As per e mail, get in touch with Ron Earp.
He has the only RF on the east coast.

Hersh
smile.gif

G

ed

i live here in ft lauderdale, fl and have a GT40. i have done a lot of research and if you want to talk to me my office number is 954-474-7997.

cheers

luis lopez www.hotshotusa.net

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi,

I'm in Raleigh/Apex NC and I'd be happy to let you come by for a visit to see my Roaring Forties GT40. I've almost got all of the paneling done and some of it powder coated. I spent a lot of time getting the engine partially complete too so I've got a number of bits around in various stages.

Call on the weekends or weeknights, 730-930pm is good anytime. 919-363-2888. Take care,

Ron

Hi, There are few manufacturers that actually let you build the cars yourself. Most will only supply you a full kit or a turn key less engine. MDA can supply parts as you need them or module stages of build. Or turn key bult or part built. We have a space frame construction and lightweight body panels in either Fibreglass, carbon fibre or kevlar composites. Our installtion uses modified Transaxles from Renault (strongest variant) and 302 small block ford with either Webers, holley or fuel injection.
We are however based on the South ocast of UK
and we have as yet no agency in the States. We are however looking for first time customers to become agents or any others who maybe interested in a fully developed Gt40 replica. I have worked for GT Developments for 9 years and have been building and supplying parts to virtually everyone for the last 15 years. We offer a serious contender in the market place. E-mail me for further details direct to you.
All the best
Mark Sibley

Back