Goodrich 15" tyres

I am told that it is possible to buy certain 15" sizes, profiles and speed ratings of B F Goodrich Comp TA tyres in the USA and which are not available here in Europe. Specifically, 215, 225, 255 and 275 in VR or ZR speed rating. Does anyone know of a contact address of a stockist ?

Chris,

Bf goodrich has a very limited number of 15
inch V or Z rated Comp TA tires. Of the sizes you are looking for, they have a 225/50ZR. I believe that they had more available a few years ago, but with the trend going to big rim,low profile, they eliminated those sizes.
Good luck in your quest.

Bill

[ March 03, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

tirerack.com is an excellent source of tire information. it also has owners comments.

Chris
I tried tirerack for the 15inch tyres you are looking for, although they were very helpful they were unable to help me.
The quest goes on!!
Ian

Chris, the availability of 15" road legal high performance tires in the US is in a pathetic state. I have been looking for decent sized rear tires for a long time and have given up. Our current plan is to purchase two sets of rims, 15" for the street legal cruising and 17" for any serious track work. Unfortunately, a lot of folks, myself included do not like the looks of a low profile tire on the car, but what can you do? Brian

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Chris, there is a vintage tire company over here named Coker Tire, www.cokertire.com, I looked on their website and they have a few VR rated Michelins in that size, also they are used to requests for unusual or seldom-stocked sizes and may be able to help you out. I believe they also may be in a position to order runs of tires from old molds if there is enough demand for them, which opens the possibility of a group order if there were enough folks that wanted 15" street high-performance tires for GT40s. Wish you luck with this one, tire companies generally make only what they can sell large numbers of.

Back