The New Arrival

Well, after 8 months of chewing my fingernails, at 1PM today, I gave birth to
a beautiful DRB GT40! (Cigars available by request).
The car suffered minor damage in shipping, but it nonetheless had me in a daze. The paint color turned out far better than I expected. The photos posted here don't
even come close to doing it justice.
The fit and finish of the car are far beyond
what I had hoped for.This WAS worth the wait!
I unpacked all the parts tonight, and the fun will begin tomorrow morning.
My congratulations go to Peter Ransom of GT40 Australia for building an absolutely
gorgeous car.

Bill

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Congratulations Bill ! I'm glad it wasn't
real serious on the damage. I look forward
to the day I can see your car in person.

Hersh
smile.gif

Bill send my Cigar by post, if you think birth was good
just wait till you drive it VA VA VOoOOOOOOOM!!!!
best regards Dick
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Bill, good on ya, as they say across the Pond, how much is there to do before you're out there having FUN with a capital F? Any chance I could run up and check it out?
Jim R

Hi Bill

Thankyou from everyone at GT40 Australia for your very kind words regarding the high quality workmanship and finish of your DRB GT40. We all enjoyed building your car and the good relationship we developed with you during that period. As with your car, we take a lot of pride in all the cars we build.

All of our customers become good friends and you are now one of our extended family.

We have found that there is a special bond between GT40 owners, builders and enthusiasts and this promted GT40 Australia to hold regular get-togethers at a lunchtime sausage sizzle on the first Saturday each month at the Factory. We are now into our second year and have up to 10 GT40's and 40 GT40 lovers who have the oportunity to view and photograph DRB GT40's under construction as well as finished factory built and owner built cars.

Many of our DRB GT40's are regularly competing in motorsport events with much success. Elsewhere on the Forum Duane Hart has published photos of 5 of our DRB GT40's having a fun practice day at Queensland Raceway, an International Racing Circuit an hour from the Factory.

Thanks again Bill, I know you will have much satisfaction and enjoyment in owning and driving your DRB GT40.

Best regards

Peter Ransom

Back