Renault 21 T/Quaife ATB differential!

Hello,

I´m very interested in a Renault 21 Turbo transaxle and the modification from Quaife..!

I hope that you guys can help me further in this matter and tell me more about this modified R21 turbo box!

I have read that some modification was designed by a GTD club member and is sold as a retrofit kit of parts?

- Is it easy/possible to find a R21 turbo
box? Is there any other box that can be
modificated such as R21T?

- Do you know where I can find one?

- If I can get one - how can I get it
modified by Quaife?(I´m interested
in the fully modification + the Quaife
ATB differential!

- What´s the cost for this modification
/equipment? - and do you any person
I can contact in this matter?

Thank you,

Christoffer/Klout
Hopeful

CHRIS
CALL KEV AT GTO ENGINEERING 44 0118 9401101
HE WILL DO A 5 SPEED R30 OR 21T BOX WITH LTD SLIP DIFF FOR £1,350.00 APROX $1,917.00
ALSO HE CAN SUPLY BELL HOUSING FOR 302 BLOCK
REGARDS DICK

Hi Dick

sounds like you sorted out the diff, how about the GD alloy uprights?
Chris

Dsc00051_jpg.jpg

[ March 16, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Chris donot tell Ellie how much i am spending
martin how much and who's doing it
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
regards Dick

G

Hello Christoffer,
The modification to the Renault 21Turbo box by Quaife consists of a one piece mainshaft, one eighth of an inch larger than the std item, which necesitates modifications to every gear, ballrace and spacer on that shaft to take account of the additional diameter. First and second gears are straight cut and their ratio's have been increased. Installation involves a major rebuild and cost of parts is approx £1500 UK. Four GTD40 Club members have this conversion, if you are further interested, I suggest you contact GTD Club member Derek Bell in the first instance as he was the original designer and holds the copyright. In addition, three club members are also using the Quaife ATB differential you mention which is a std unit available from Quaife. If you require Derek's email address - email me at:
[email protected]

regards
Roy
grin.gif

Hi guys!

Thank you for helping me out! Roy I have sent a e-mail to you - thank you!

- First of all I would like to hear with you Dicktownsend which gearbox you use?

- Is it possible to use a Quaife ATB differential with a 4 speed R30 box?

- Is this guy Kev at GTO ENGINEERING using a Quaife diff or is it another LSD? If so...which LSD?

- Is it possible changing gearsets of a 4 speed R30 gearbox or use another/higher final drive that effects all gears ratio and higher top speed?? Can I use something from a wrecked 5 speed box in this matter?

- Dicktownsend! - From where did you order your Quaife ATD differential and what´s the cost?

Grateful
Christoffer Lundgren
GTD40 Mk1

HI christoffer i am not an expert on gear box's this is why i uses Kev at GTO i have an Engineering Co of my own, when talking to Kev i got the feeling that he knows what he is talking about
i have ordered a quaife LSD from GTO
at a cost of £650 + vat (UK TAX)
you must call Kev for the answers to rest of your questions regards Dick
wink.gif
wink.gif

G

You will not be able to buy an LSD direct from Quaife. You have to go through GTO Engineering as they commisioned the batch run of LSDs to be made. They will only realease a unit if you have GTO authorisation. So best to buy through GTO, they do know what they are doing. Kevin is a nice guy too. If anyone else is selling a Quaife LSD unit then either it will have more mark up on it or a second hand unit.

Malcolm

Back