them list a custom made for them. I
was hoping someone here might have one and
tell me where they got it and how good is
it. I like the NOAH material. http://www.calcarcover.com/default.asp?flash=1

Hersh
smile.gif

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: Hershal Byrd ]

HERSH,

I got my Cobra and ZR1 covers from California Car Covers. They say that with the car dimensions that they can make a cover for any car. www.calcarcovers.com

I'm going to be calling them soon for a cover for another of my toys so I'll ask also.

Good luck

Keith

[ March 15, 2002: Message edited by: Keith Williams ]

G

Hersh,

If you're in no real hurry for the cover you might want to wait a few weeks until my car is finished as I'm getting a custom cover from Covercraft. The guy that runs the operation lives here in town and owes me a favor as they used pictures of my Cobra in the advertising and on their box covers. Once my cover is done, they'll have a good pattern for the Mark I.

Ben

Thanks Guys for the help.
I'm in no big hurry. I just want to be ready
when the time comes to buy. I am going to
need it for my trip to the fling in Ohio.

Hersh
smile.gif

G

Gary,

My car is still in paint prep and paint. A day or so after I get it out, a guy from covercraft is gong to come to my house and take all of the measurements and have a couple of covers made. The total process should take another three weeks or so and I'll get back with the forum and report.

Ben

Guys,
I got my car cover back in April. I got
it from California car covers. They sent it out and I had it in less than a week. It fits the car like a glove. They have computer patterns for the Mark I and other GT's. There is also a choice in types of materials the cover is made from. I got the best they had and it really is the best.
They also mentioned that they will give a 5% group discount with 5 or more covers purchased. http://www.calcarcover.com/default.asp?flash=1

Hersh
smile.gif

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: Hershal Byrd ]

G

Hersh,

I'm going to wait for the Covercraft as they have been real good to me. They currently feature my Cobra on their box covers and they gave me two covers after the photo shoot. Also, since Joe, marketing director for Covercraft, is going to do all of the measurements, I'm assured of getting a quality product.

BTW, you going to Venom III next year?

Ben

Hi Ben,
You betcha buddy! I look forward to being there.
Hey how's the GT coming. Did that bad back ever get any better? I used to have some back problems but I have taken it easy and tried hard not to do anything that could cause it to go out.
It sounds like the covercraft guys are going to be a good company to deal with. I'll keep them in mind for my next cover.

Hersh
smile.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Here is some info about covers...there are actually only a few fabricators of car covers. The best in my experience is Covercraft, which is in Oklahoma City. They make covers for among others Griots Garage, Ameribrand, and maybe twenty or more other dealers. I recently bought NOAH covers for my MiniCooper and also my Ferrari. They were reasonably priced, fit well, and arrived quickly.
Covercraft takes orders through their dealers and ships directly to you. The prices vary- Covercraft obviously does not set list prices. I got the best price from Ameribrand. When my GT40 arrives, for a fact I will order the cover from them. Actually, now that I think of it, I may send the cover over to the fellow building it and have the car arrive that much cleaner...in any event, I have been pleased with the products I bought from Covercraft and I think they could do a GT40 without much difficulty.

Hersh,

Would the use of snorkel scoops on the rear clip of a MKI cause the cover to not fit (as made from the manufacturer)? You did mention that yours fit like a glove; which is ideal.

Have fun!

John

G

An experience from the UK may be of interest in deciding what type of cover material to get depending on useage. A lot of guys here use covers for inside the garage. Those of us who compete are now runing into weekend events so we do not put the cars under a roof at night. Water resistant/proof covers are used then. Consider whether you are likely to leave the car outside ever on your travels and so need a more resiliant cover or not.

For amusement, later this year I am moving house to one with a free standing garage. This garage is so dilapidated that I have a concern over it staying upright! Charles has pointed me to a good cover for this situation. I am looking to buy a steel ship container to plonk in the garden until I can rebuild the garage. Dehumidifier inside and away we go.

Malcolm

I spoke with california car covers yesterday and they said that they could send me the same Mk I cover that Hershal used. I could then fit it over the car and cut out holes for the snorkel vents and send it back. They would then add snorkel pockets at no charge. I have purchased from Covercraft before and may give them a call today.

Back