Hello to everybody,

I'm a new member of this forum. Some information about me: I'm 36 years and live in Germany. My first contact with the GT40 was a Matchbox model car in the 70's, and I found it badly damaged in my toy car box 10 years ago.
Since that time I'm collecting all stuff around this fabulous car I can get - except an original or a replica which are unfortunately not suitable to my purse contents.....So I decided to collect smaller ones, and I have actually over 240 different GT40 model cars, from 1:160 up to 1:8 scale, about 20 different GT90 concept car models, a lot of books, magazines, pictures, posters, stamps, coins and so on - and if I can get items I don't have I gladly take them.
Nevertheless I'm interested in all things concerning real cars, even if they're hard to find here in Germany. The last ones I saw on the Nürburgring last year during the AvD Oldtimer GrandPrix.
My dream is to own a real car, or, if this is not possible, at least to drive one sometime.
This forum is very interesting, and I would be glad if anybody who collects GT40 model cars or has questions concerning models contacts me. And if you have model cars you don't need you're also welcome - I'll answer every mail!

Have a nice weekend, and please excuse if I made mistakes or use some incorrect expressions - my last english lesson at school is 20 years back!

Hello GT40 Freak,
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you
are an avid model builder and collector.
I have a few GT40 models but the one I want
is a 1:12th scale. But they haven't
released them for sale as yet. I noticed
that you have a 1:8 scale model. Is it a
GT40 and if so where can I find one ?
I prefer the die cast but I would consider
plastic if I can't find what I want.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hello Hersh,

I assume you mean the GMP models in 1:12 scale? Seems to be a never ending story - I'm also waiting for their final release since more than one year.....

The 1:8 scale is a Lexan body manufactured by Sarik in 1984 and no longer available. Most of the existing bodys are destroyed during RC car races, and I got my one from a collector who fortunately thought that this body was to rare for damaging it in a race. It fit's every 1:8 RC car chassis like Serpent, Mugen or similar.
I don't know if there any 1:8 scale die cast model exists - I never heard about.

An alternative could be the new Exoto 1:10 series, but at the moment you can only pre-order them. I guess the detail quality will be incredible, and if they release earlier than GMP with their 1:12 models it'll be a hard job for the GMP people to sell their stuff....

Volker (gt40.freak)

GT40 Freak,
I would buy the Exoto over the GMP any day. Exoto takes the detail to the max.
I would love to have an RC model of my
GT40. I just might build one soon after the
real gets done.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hersh,

if you want to build a RC model (even if you'll wait with) - try to get one or two of the Kyosho GT40 body's in 1:10 scale. I have 4 different RC car bodies, and the Kyosho body (and the decals) is absolutely the best of them.

But they're even out of production now - so if you can get one at your hobby store take it! The chassis is no problem, you can use any 1:10 scale chassis with a wheelbase of 260mm and 200mm wide.

Volker

Back