Goodwood 2002

Ford will be bringing the Jackie Ickx 1969 Le MAns winner to the July Goodwood Festival of Speed plus a restored GT70 amongst others

In September the Whitsun Trophy which featured GT40's will again take place

On August 19th the GTD40s Car Club is holding this years track day at the Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit. All gt40s, Gtds and others are welcome to join us, free entry and a great day out. There will be 25 GTD40s on track and many many more in the paddock. Ring or Email me for more details, Frank

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You guys are incredibly fortunate over there, and incredibly hardworking as well. I wish we had events of this type, and caliber, over here. Maybe this summer I can make it over. Where's Goodwood?

G

Goodwood is located near Chichester on the south coast of UK about 1 hour drive from London in a 40 and about 1 hour 20 mins in a normal car!
If overseas members want to come over for the event, it would be worth talking to UK guys now and to scrounge your accommadation early.
I took Brian, from New England, to our day last year and he still won't shut up about it! Brian has first refusal for our house this year!
Malcolm

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Who is going to be at the Hillclimb this year?
I am going home to visit family but my real reason is to take in the F1 and Goodwood events,may take the wife to Paris to score some brownie points too.
I would love to check out your cars,Thanks
smile.gif
smile.gif

Another event that will have original gt40's is the Le Mans classic on september 21-22.
The cars will be running the full Le Mans circuit, 5 cars listed so far, along with many other famous marques and drivers.

What are the differences between the July and September events? What are the July and Sept dates? Is tere any good public tranportation to/fom Goodwood fm London? I want to go and so does THE WIFE! cb

July Goodwood is a sprint/hillclimb outside the house and has far better access to the cars which always cover the full hundred years of motor racing

September Goodwood is a race meeting at the old circuit - period dress & period cars - up to and including GT40's - just

See www.goodwood.co.uk

Public transport is ok from London with special buses from the local station I believe - Chichester ? - details no doubt also on their website - apparently there are also steam train options

Back