Transaxel web site

I stumbled onto a website that I think those of you discussing which transaxel to use will find very interesting. web page
They are dedicated to mating any engine to any Porsche transaxel. They deal more with Chevy engines than others. They however mate all the tansmissions (911,914,930,944). I am trying to contact several of their users to see how they like the setup.
The clutch is a porsche unit that is made with kevlar. They say the carbon fiber clutches tend to chatter, and the kevlar units have more holding power, up to 40% or so more.the starter is a Porsche unit with a gear reduction setup for more torque, and is less likey to burn out. The shifter is a dual cable unit that is described as <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ferrari type
. They have a picture of it on their web site. They have the G50 and the 933 6 speed. They claim the 930 will handle 700+ H.P. The 915 (like 914) will handle up to 500. They have to modify the ring gear and pinion. The 914 up to 350 ft. lb. of torque in a light street car. They mention that the 3.3 liter transaxels (1978) require shortening of the bellhousing by 1 inch.(which they can do). I have e-mailed them and invited them to sign in on the forum. They mailed back that they would like to talk to me personnaly to see what my needs were and discuss prices.
All in all I think these people would be worth talking to as they have the experirence of mating V-8s with the porsche units, both rear engined (if you can imagine a Chevy engine under the rear hatch of a 911)and mid engined. They should be able to answer any questions you have.
I haven't talked with them yet, but I would imagine that with the availability of their units and parts, the cost should be reasonable
rolleyes.gif

Back