Seats

Where can I get seats for the Sabre GT40? Need them to be the absolutely lowest to the floor as possible. Appreciate any help.

Keith

Keith, I am ordering bare fibreglass buckets from GT40Replication in NZ and intend to mount them right to the floor without runners. The buckets will be padded and covered locally after I cut the slots for harnesses. My intent is to be sitting as near directly on the floor as possible. If you have patience, you can wait and hear how mine come out. Brian

Hi all
I just put my order in for a set of seats in black leather from Frank Catt.
fe11fbf4.jpg

Frank%20Catt%20Seat%202.JPG

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

I think I too would like to order a set from F Catt. Details on price/delivery?

Thanks

Keith

Hi all

Frank said that they are £850 = $1200 for leather. There is a six week lead time.
You get what you pay for! Franks seats are the best and accurate in dimensions.

Chris

[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Hi Jim

Thats Franks dog I have two Boxers.
I think Franks dog is sad because Frank is always in the workshop.

Chris.

G

Keith, I used a set of Corbeau A4 seats in my Sabre. They are mounted directly to the floor with 2.5"x2.5"x.25" steel backers on the outside. I counter sunk a bolt hole and used coutersunk, allen head bolts to be flush with the backing plates. The A4s fit very well and gives you full tilt, great lateral support, accept 5 point harness, but my butt barely fits in them. Stock, they are black cloth with black vinyl on the wear points of the seats and seat backs (points of the wings.) http://www.corbeau.com/brochure/a4.html

a4.jpg

[ March 25, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

G

I'll have to weigh them when I get home from the business trip I am on. You might be able to get it from the company as it will probably be this coming weekend before I can weigh them and get the results posted. Based on my handling of them, I can say that they are not very heavy; I am going to guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 30lbs. (Iam not a good guesser.)

Mark,

If you go to the dimension page for the A4 seat, it says 25#.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Keith

Keith,

My seats are leather over fiberglass, and weigh about 8lbs each,including harnesses. If they were any lower, you would have road rash on your butt.They bolt directly to the floor, no adjustment.
There is a photo of them on page four of
All GT40 under Bill's New DRB.
I'm not sure whether GT40 Australia molded
the seats themselves or not(they did have them upholstered), but I'm sure
that Peter Ransom would be willing to sell
you a pair.
Best of luck!

Bill

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

I spoke to Corbeau about 6 months ago about taking an A4 seat and covering it in leather with the vented grommets....they said no problem they just needed to find the appropriate sized grommets that I wanted....still havent gotten back to me, and I have since had them custom made elsewere...but perhaps you can still nag them about the pricing for a pair and get some results.

Frank,

That's my guess, but I can easily put one on the bathroom scale.
The scale says 12lbs, but who know's what the wife has done to make the scale "kinder".
Sorry about the error.

Bill
smile.gif

[ March 31, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Back