lonestar kit body

I know that the lone star kit isn't very accurate because it uses a VW or a mazda rotary engine but how accurate to the original is the body its self. would it be possible or feasable to modify it to put a 302 in it? or would it be a better choice to get one of the ones from NZ. I know some of u have hard feelings against the lone star kit because of the engine that it uses but using a 3rd gen Rx-7 twin turbo rotary engine would certainly make the car fast as hell.

DJ

DJ, An old Kit Car review I have somewhere around here shows the first Lonestar LS 40s were designed for a 302 and a Porsche transaxle, I do not know what prompted the change over to the rotary. The body itself appeared stretched and widened,(back then) it is evident in the photos without even having a "standard" '40 to compare it to. If the body had been more accurate, I would have bought one back then as it was offered to me at discount if I were to participate in generating the build manual. I do not know if they have modified the body since first released.
Brian

The body pn the rotary/vw version is
much worse than their original V8 version.
I'll see if I can find some pix.

Ian

Back