Congrats to RON - GT40 Enthusiasts Club

Hi all,

At the recent GT40 Enthusiasts Club AGM, members were very complimentary about the Forum site, and decided to offer Ron Earp
Honorary Life membership in recognition of all his efforts in running this site.

Ron has accepted this offer and has offered to set up a link to our new website which is currently being built, from this one.

If anyone else would like more info about the club, please contact me.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S R O N !!!

I remember when me and Ron met in Dallas
to go see Bob Lawrence's GT. I'm sure
he will remember the conversation relating to
a GT40 Forum. I told Ron that if I had his
skills in computers that I certainly would
put up a forum. He said that it was something
that he thought about but was going to look
into what it would take.
Well Ron, here we are a year later and with
a bunch of new friends because of you. This
kind of forum makes me more enthusiastic
about my build everyday. It's the first
thing I do just about every morning to see
whats new.
Thank you Thank you Thank you !!

Hersh
smile.gif

PS...GTD Guys, you couldn't have a nicer guy for an honorary member.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

You are too kind! But, thanks a million!The forum has been a lot of fun and it is really great to meet all of these folks on line. I really can't imagine trying to build a car without it - it'd be real lonely!

And, a year ago that is about all we had, local friends and the Cobra Forums that are not really tuned to GT40'dom. Now we've got a bunch of visitors, a daily bandwidth of something like 1-1.5 gigs, and a lot of hits. We've only got around 350 members but we've a lot of lurkers with a bunch of readers - the log indicates a fair number of ford.com and fordmotor.com addresses as well.

Chris and the Enthusiasts Club thanks much for the membership and may everyone enjoy the forum! Hope some of our US folks will join the club and lend support as well, we're a small community and can use the support.

Ron

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp - Administrator ]

I would like to add my congrats to ron as well. This site is a large benefit to me and my plans. The best part is the better kit makers are also on the site and can be contacted here as well.

Brian Magee

Supporter
I would like to add my congtatulations as well Ron. If only we had a site like this 12/14 years ago when I started mine. It would have saved a lot of time plodding round shows gathering information and ideas from other builders. All you have to do now is ask the question.
Many thanks Ron.

Brian Magee

Ron,

Congratulations on a job very well done, and an honor most deserved!

If the Forum does get to be a drain, and we pay dues(fine by me), perhaps a portion of the money could go toward an annual get together, partly to honor your efforts, and partly for the social aspect. It would be fun to meet so many like minded GT40 enthusiasts,as well as see different cars, trade tips,tell stories, swap lies,etc.
Your house, maybe?.......

Bill
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Back